“A bit disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
NC
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and each time it gets a little less desirable. First, there was a musty smell in the room...the last time I stayed there I encountered the same problem. At that time i requested a new room and was given one which was better but the hotel was booked up for the weekend so I did not bother.
When I tried to turn on the tv, the remote did not work so I called the front desk. I was told the remote batteries were probably low on power and I could get some more if I came to the front desk (this is definitely not good customer service).
Except for this one situation, the staff was helpful and courteous. The room was adequate but definitely needed a deep cleaning. The only reason I returned this time was because of their pet policy but I will probably find another hotel at my next visit (I come to Princeton/Bluefield several times a year).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was by far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. My room smelled like an old wet basement the walls were dirty and no one would answer the phone at the front desk. Several employees sat in front of the main entrance smoke creating a cloud of smoke to walk through to get out. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We have and will be making efforts to improve our property in the very near future.

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

West Palm Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at the Princeton Comfort Inn on July 1st after driving 14 hours (thanks to traffic issues). My first thought when pulling in was that the motel was old looking. When I checked in the girl behind the desk was pleasant. When we went to the room, that is where my issues begin. When I sleep, I like the A/C on and cool. What I got instead was a timed A/C unit that left the room luke warm. Is the Obama's trying to regulate A/C too?? I actually slept on top of the covers. Next, the motel is supposed to offer WiFi. Well, not so much as it was spotty at best and was not conducive to work. When I checked out, they adjusted my bill some which I initially thought was nice considering that I (nor my fiance...still getting use to that) didn't sleep.

And one more kick in the pants. When I checked out, I paid with my debit card but they still charged the credit card I held the room with. I got charged twice and seven days later still waiting for the charge to be removed from my credit card.

Stay if you want as the room was clean, but I would definitely look for other options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Hudson, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

basic motel, convenient for 77 and near Applebees which had good food. rooms basic, couild do with a facelift but ok for 1 night. Beds ok, bathroom small but adequate, nice tv, spacious. Stairs could do with a good clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Right by I-77 and as there was a diversion in effect right by the diversion as well. Nothing much to say about the place, clean, old, lousy Comfort Inn Pillows and the usual breakfast in a very small room (4 tables). Our room was right by the entrance 9see tips later) so we had the banging of car doors from new arrivals for quite a while after dinner. Also the usual creaks from above.

Staffwere polte but off hand, Ok for a travelling night but their prices (Comfort Inn in general that is) along with all the taxes are constantly going up and the value is going down.

Lots of restaurants within walking distance is one advantage.

Room Tip: Don't get Room 100, right next to the entrance with car doors banging all night and the ice mach...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. I was so happy to hear that you found your room clean and that the location of our hotel was convenient for your needs. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.
Shelby
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good location off 77 . Okay breakfast. Stayed one night on the way to SC. Beds were hard as a rock. Could't hardly walk the next morning. My Sister said the same about her bed. We didn't use the showers. I guess tubs were clean but sure didn't look that way. Front doors and lobby was really dirty which should have told us something. Worst Comfort Inn I have stayed in. Needs updating bad........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. With your feedback we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

For the price, $84 a night, got what was expected. Rooms are average but clean. Breakfast was typical continental style, with waffle maker, fruit, Various breakfast bread options. Great location right off I-77. We appreciated the pet-friendly accommodations.

• Stayed March 2013
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay! We are excited about some new changes coming our way and we look forward to your next visit. Please remember, if you need anything during your stay, let us know! Our goal is that you are comfortable and pleased. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!