“would not stay again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Princeton
Shelby
“would not stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good location off 77 . Okay breakfast. Stayed one night on the way to SC. Beds were hard as a rock. Could't hardly walk the next morning. My Sister said the same about her bed. We didn't use the showers. I guess tubs were clean but sure didn't look that way. Front doors and lobby was really dirty which should have told us something. Worst Comfort Inn I have stayed in. Needs updating bad........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. With your feedback we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

For the price, $84 a night, got what was expected. Rooms are average but clean. Breakfast was typical continental style, with waffle maker, fruit, Various breakfast bread options. Great location right off I-77. We appreciated the pet-friendly accommodations.

• Stayed March 2013
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay! We are excited about some new changes coming our way and we look forward to your next visit. Please remember, if you need anything during your stay, let us know! Our goal is that you are comfortable and pleased. Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

the hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. the room was clean and spacious. the hotel was within easy walking distance of an excellent restaurant. all in all it was good value for the money and i would stay there again

Room Tip: i believe that all of their rooms are good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes the efforts of our staff and takes the time to say Thank You.
USA---
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Passing through Princeton on motorcycle and decided to find an average comfortable room on a busy interstate highway at 5pm on Friday night. I can get by on less when riding solo than with my wife. $75 + was more than I wanted to spend but it beat the local mom/pop motel prices across street for the amenities
Three items came up during the stay;
1-Room was very comfortable with 2 beds.Used just one! Bathroom very adequate, however, room reeked of loud cheap perfume cleanser, left door open to tone down fragrance, finally it did. I have sensitivity to strong cleansers.
2-Lobby computer was so bogged down and needed servicing it was a disaster.
3-A.M. breakfast area was toooo small for all the traffic at once, and I saw attendant verbally confronted by guest there, so I just left with coffee to eat at Ronald's....
If ever in Princeton, I could stay here again if needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We welcome all reviews and use them to improve our service to our guests. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction and we strive to meet that goal daily. We look forward to your return visit in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were on our way home from Florida on the holiday weekend so we called early knowing places would be busy. upon arrival we were not really greeted nut a look from young man so I gave our name and he did paperwork and I ask about stairs and he said he put us on main floor. ok so next we went to un;oad and the door was propped open which ment anyone in and out as well as little creatures and yup they were in the room in the morning. we had non smoking which was a joke as it reaked of smoke. all in all it was not a pleasant night, but being tired we made the best of it and left asap in the morning.

Room Tip: Stay in Hillsville or Wyethville
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very sorry that we were unable to accommodate your needs. We strive to provide the best possible service to our guests each night. The comments you have posted will be addressed with our staff and will help us to improve in these areas.
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

While traveling home I got tired and stopped to get a room. The guy behind the counter states they are booked up. I ask is there any hotels that might have a room in the area. He states that everyone on the exit is full. Bull crap. Next I stop by the Hampton Inn and the young lady there states the area is really busy, but she knows of a nice motel to refer too. Then proceeds to call and check and book a room for me and my family. As tired as I was I could of wrecked and endangered my family, but this butt hole is not wanting to bother. I come thru this area twice a month and will not recommend or ever stay at comfort inn. i thought choice policy was to help their customers even if they are filled, to get them a nice and affordable room. That would be great customer service. But now Hampton Inn has will have my business and so the hotel they referred me too. I will also check into the legal matter of lying and dishonesty of not informing me of any other facilities that could have helped. Even the manager of the other hotel, helped in making sure we got pizza ordered, and informed us what was there to see in Princeton, WV and was very courtesy and kind. Excellent motel and service, not like comfort inn.

Room Tip: go down the street near dairy queen. nice place and excellent service.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dkoen, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Your comments were very insightful and will be reviewed with our hotel staff.
Knightdale, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We checked into this hotel @ 4pm. Room was spacious (some how we got a handicap accessible room even though we didn't request/need one). The room seemed outwardly clean and was nice a cool. Upon checking in I realized it does not have a pool (which was my own fault for not checking into that). I tried to phone the front desk to see if I could leave to check into a hotel that did have a pool it rang at least 15-20 times before he picked up. He said I could leave but I would not be able to find a hotel in the area since they were all sold out. I decided to stay (although there was a vacancy at the nearby days inn for $30 less a night). After walking around in the room for a few minutes I noticed that both my and my childrens feet were black from the carpet. The sink did not drain properly and the hot water spout leaked when the water was turned on. I tried to phone the front desk, but it just rang and rang. We went to the store to pick up a few items for dinner and returned to the room. By now it was too late to ask for a switch so I tried to call for a crib for my 2 year old. Again the phone just rang and rang. I called the hotel from my cell phone, which rang again for a long time but eventually the person at the front desk picked up. I was told that they do not have cribs, but I could get a rollaway bed. Luckily I had brought a pack and play from home, which I now had to drag in from the car. The shower was strange, like the drain was not in the right place. I'm not sure if it was because it was a handicap room but the shower had only a shower curtain and a 1/2 inch lip on the floor to keep the shower water in. The shower head waws adjustable, but would not adjust so that water did not just dump out onto the shower floor. There was so much water on the floor after our shower I had to call down (again after waiting many rings) and get more towwels to sop it up. Our bathroom floor was a mess between the water and the filthy footprints from the carpets. Someone checked in in the middle of the night above us and as previously stated the floor was very squeaky. We were very tired, however and it didn't really disturb us much. On the plus side the A/C was very cold, I didn't notice any smoke smell until I was in the hallway, and the breakfast was okay. There were hardboiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, some scary looking sausage and some flat looking eqq patties. There was also bagels, toast, oatmeal packs, coffee, juice, and make your own cinnamin or plain waffles. The breakfast room was very small- only 3 tables, we got there kind of late and did not have a problem with seating. They have a 1.50 safe charge, which you can request be removed from your bill at check out. When I checked out I spoke with the girl who told me they do in fact have a "crib" sort of thing (a pack n play) that they can give out, and she wasn't sure why the manager (thats who I had been speaking to) told me otherwise. I brought my issues to her attention and she made an adjustment to my bill. Since it was a busy travel weekend I was not able to get any discount on the room when booking and did not feel he room was worth the rack rate. I would not stay here again due to the shabiness of the hotel overall. Maybe if I had paid $60 I would feel it was a good value. It was on pare with a red roof inn, except it has interior corridors ,shampoo, and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel. We are very sorry we were unable to provide you wtih the service you deserve. I have investigated all your issues and I apologize for you inconvenience.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!