“Good Place, Fair Rate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Princeton
darlwinn
“Good Place, Fair Rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stay in Princeton WV on our way home from Myrtle Beach. It is hard to find a good place, that is nice at a reasonable rate. I think motels in WV are expensive, so I booked in March at a reasonable price. The little town has lots of motels and eating places for just an overnight stop.

Room Tip: Book early - it might save you some money
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
phila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

If you like smoking you will love this hotel. every room smells like smoke, the two non smoking room we had smelled like smoke.. The hotel is old and musty . The people were very friendly. the management does not know how to handle customers grieviences.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Princeton hotels

Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was somewhat concerned by the previous reviews, but we were looking for a hotel in the Princeton area (arrived late and left early the next morning) en-route to a NC vacation. Although I thought the price was a little high, the accommodation met our needs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
dkoen, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. It is the Comfort Inn’s goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service and your comments are of the utmost importance to us. We are very pleased that you gave us the opportunity to meet your travel needs and look forward to your next visit to Princeton.
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

We have used Choice Privileges hotels for years. This is by far the worst motel we have stayed in under the "Comfort Inn" brand name. The building is beat up. From the parking lot we could see canned food stacked in the window of a room. There must be people using the rooms as apartment rentals. The interior steps are crumbling, and there is not an elevator. Hallways were dirty and smoke filled. Our room was dirty; wallpaper peeling;dirt where the carpet and wall meet; dirty comforters; stained chairs. The breakfast area was also dirty. I felt unsafe at this hotel. There is a strip club nearby. I think this is the after hours place to go for their customers. Creepy and shameful for "Comfort Inn' to market it to loyal customers.We should have left, but it was very late and we were tired. It may be time to change to Holiday Inn Rewards program.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you taking the time to let us know about your concerns on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. They enable us to target problem areas, and acquire the direction needed to reach our goals and meet your expectations. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service. We are very sorry that we could not provide you with the service you deserve. I have investigated all of your issues and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved service.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I have over 15 years of experience working in the hospitality industry and have never been so disappointed in a "Comfort Inn". Since we traveling home we did not have a prior reservation since we were not sure how far we would travel during the day. We ended up in Princeton, WV in the last room available in this hotel. Let me start with first impressions, outside seemed fine, the lobby was messy and dirty but the one desk clerk had been working and reading (text books) and I am guessing it was not really her job to clean. Back entry area had a terrible odor, really bad and others entering were also commenting on it. OUR ROOM!!! Handicapped since it was the last available room, the carpets were very, very dirty and stained, we moved a chair to get more comfortable and found trash and food under the chair. The security lock on the door was broken, the handicap shower pipes were coming away from the shower wall which could have been a danger and the sink looked like it might come away from the wall as well. I travel a good deal and can tell when a hotel is well managed, this one is not. I filled out a maintenance request form in the morning and asked for it to be given to the manager, with my name and contact information if he wanted more details, I have not heard from anyone. I was afraid to visit the breakfast area. Apparently there are not enough rooms in this town so they do stay busy, but they should not be allowed to carry the COMFORT INN name, it puts Choice Hotels in a negative.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I would like to apologize regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn in Princeton. It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in product and service to our guest. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. I have discussed your concerns with the staff and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. We hope that you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to the Princeton area.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Hi, this is my second time here and I still think that it's a nice clean hotel. Staff if freindly and ihelpful. The rooms are very roomy with fridg/miro's in them. Its not brand new but it is very decent for its age. Will continue to come here as long as it's as clean as it is now. The spa has been removed from property though. Just a note.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your stay at our Comfort Inn Princeton. We work hard to ensure that you receive outstanding service, so it’s most rewarding to hear that we were able to deliver this to you during your stays with us. I will share your comments with the staff so they can enjoy them as well. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to the Princeton area.
Royal Palm Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

We were driving home from a great trip in Chicago to Florida and reserved a room here based upon it being halfway of the trip and mostly positive reviews it received. This place was a dump. It was filthy. We were exhausted and thought initially it was just dark and a little musty in the entry but the rooms might be okay. Both rooms had stained chairs and stained coverlets on the double beds. One of the rooms (we reserved two) had gum stuck to the sham. I refused to use the bathroom. We promptly complained to mgmt and they had no more rooms but they did have the courtesy not to charge us for the rooms since we were only there ten minutes. STAY away from this place - an hour south of this place we found a nice clean Comfort Suites for just a few dollars more.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
bethbishop, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2009
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I want to apologize for any inconvenience. We strive to give clean and friendly service and we want our guests to feel that they are being provided the best lodging value. The housekeeping staff has been retrained regarding these issues. Again please accept my sincere apologies for falling below your expectations. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area in the future.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!