“Save your money, cook at home.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Pipestem
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers
“Save your money, cook at home.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Got the rib combo both 1/2's where dry. Baked beans from a can. I didn't even finish the ribs. Chilli's ribs are better. My son got catfish (fried) still had the skin on! Another member of our party got chicken strips all I can is banquet frozen chicken strips. Did even eat 1 of them.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Scrumptious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm a BBQ fan, so Brandon's was the only "must-go-to" place on my dining list during vacation. The food and service were good, but, after all of the hype, I was missing the wow factor with my BBQ. The place was filled with regulars, so I'd say that it must be good.

Visited March 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
“I had to try this place out since all the locals brag how good it is. Very, very pitiful! Save your money and don't go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the best steak they had. It was all fat and gristle. So thick and hard I almost broke a tooth. And I ordered it medium. No rolls or bread came with the meal, seriously? What fine restaurant doesn't have rolls?? I had met Brandons father a few months before I decided to eat there. I asked him about the restaurant, he hiped it up like it was the best food in southern West Virginia. Even guaranteed it, this was a joke! Complete and total robbery. Those prices are quality steakhouse prices and low grade beef! These poor people in that area don't know any better I guess. This clown is making a killing and laughing at people. I've never in my life had worse food! Maybe this will save some out of towner some money and a set of teeth!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible Service!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Food was ok , waited an hour and a half before we received our food! No one even said sorry for taking so long! The owner was there and didn't seem to care! Will not return horrible service and don't care additude of the owner! I will find another place to spend my hard earned money!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Culloden, West Virginia
“Great Place Poor Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Met friends May 24th, they chose Brandon's. Was seated quickly, waitress was very friendly and helpful. Loved the atmosphere. Wife and I ordered the pulled pork, garlic cheese mashed potatoes and I got cole slaw and she got the fried green tomatoes. Food came out timely and they were very good portions, price was $11.99 so price was great. Pulled pork was just average, actually a little below. Cole slaw was the creamy style which I like but it had a sour vinegar taste, some may like that but I like sweet creamy slaw. now the worst part was those potatoes, the only flavor was SALT, no garlic taste and no cheese taste. They looked old and dried up in fact when u stuck the fork in they broke apart. I did not eat them or the slaw and only a little bit of the pork. On the positive side I was with good friend that I have not seen in along time and I had a great evening at Brandon's. Wife's fried green tomatoes were soft and soggy, Come on Brandons u can do better than that?? I will probably be back in the area next year and might try it again only get the ribs and some different side.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Brandon's BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Brandon's BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.