“Don't recommend” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Don't recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you want catering from Brandon’s get everything in writing, price and quality. I had eaten the pulled pork BBQ at a function and it was good. I talked with Brandon on the telephone to order the same for a reception I was hosting. Went I picked-up the food Brandon insisted that I had ordered more BBQ than I really had. The BBQ pork was not the same quality instead it was mostly fat. I was told by him that he made his own rolls and that they were about the size of hamburger rolls. I ordered 50, but when I got them to the reception I found they were small stale and crumbly dinner rolls. I believe they had been previously frozen. We ate without rolls and pitched the ones I had purchased. There also was a debate over how much he had quoted me for the rolls. I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Unexpected and Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We entered right across from Pipestem resort and missed the turn to the restaurant. This sent us on a crazy drive through what looked like campers with home additions built right to them. We were a little concerned but have found great BBQ in a gas station in the past so we pressed on.

I'm glad we did. The restaurant itself is very well-kept. The menu is your standard BBQ fare and thatis eexactly what we were looking for. I had ribs and steak combo. The steak was a little under done but not so much that it was bad. The ribs were fantastic. Great flavor on the meat and the sauce was tasty. Service was also very good.

I'm really glad we found Brandon's. We did not want to drive much more and I couldn't stand the idea of eating in the resort restaurant again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I used to love Brandon's but my last visits have been awful and I haven't been there since. Food was undercooked and disguising, staff was ignorant and unknowledgable, and they didn't even have the heat on in the middle of December

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Southern WV, United States
“Great food you might not expect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have eaten there at least 5x in the last 7 mos. It's not fancy, basic wood furnishings but cute. We go back because the Bourbon steak is amazing!! Hot Crab & Artichoke dip is a must. I think the most important thing is consistency. Consistently good food & service, they have both. I have managed restaurants and ANYONE can have a bad night and I don't think that deserves criticism.

It is a bit pricey, over $100 for 6 of us, but as an occasional dine-out, it's great. Their carryout is good too, we get burgers.

I would definitely recommend this over the restaurant in the lodge at the park.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pipestem, West Virginia
“Some of the best bar-b-que”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Delicious food always, prices reasonable. Comfortable atmosphere. Parking isn't the greatest; crowded most of the time. Waiting staff could improve.