Our visits included stays in the Mingo and McDowell Suites…
1. Website < http://www.nostalgiainn.com/>
2. If you access the Inn by turning onto the street/driveway directly across from the Pipestem Resort State Park turnoff…hug the left side of the gravel drive or you will end up in the trailer park area
3. Parking available for easy access to Inn
4. Spacious rooms named after surrounding counties in West Virginia and contain memorabilia from those counties
5. Full of fun art pieces and collections galore to browse
6. Breakfast was served at 0900 in their large dining room (coffee was perking and available for sipping by 0800)
7. There was always a pound cake available to nibble.
8. cash/checks/credit card
9. Lunch and Dinner options in the area: Brandon’s BBQ (run by their son) is just steps away. Dairy Queen (DQ) is a favorite for hot dogs, chili and ice cream in the area and has an amazing view of the Lake…Other venues in the area that were recommended, but we did not have time to try: Mountain Creek Lodge at Pipestem Resort and the Oak Supper Club
10. A few sites to see in the area: Pipestem Resort State Park; Bluestone State Park; Sandstone Falls; Town of Hinton; and New River Gorge area
Liked: the Inn Keepers! There is so much to do in the area and the Inn is such a warm inviting place to come home to in the evenings. We had only planned to stay one night, but changed our plans to return several days later and do more of the wonderful things in the area and stay in this welcoming Inn.
Things that might matter to others…Sound did travel through the walls a bit; this was not a deal breaker for me. Breakfast, while delicious and plentiful might not be as ‘gourmet’ as some expect from B&Bs in general.
Wish I had: tried the nearby SPA…think I needed more like a week in the area!!!