We understand this is a State property and funds are not always available for improvements. We stayed at the McKeever Lodge. They have made some nice updates since our last visit several years ago (tile floor in bathroom and new carpet in room, some of the furniture appears to be of the same set). The sink in the bathroom is attached to the wall with very little space to place your toiletries. We couldn't seem to get enough light to see well in the room, despite at least four lamps (perhaps low wattage bulbs to save money?). Overall, the room was average - they could lose the quilted bedspreads. We stayed two nights and were quite surprised that housekeeping did not make our bed when they serviced our room after the first night. Leeann at check-in was a surly person who got us off to a bad start with her nastiness and lack of knowledge (among other things, she prints the weather forecast and places it on the counter for guests to see - but she commented that she doesn't even look at it). Nathan - one of the Park Rangers was a delight, making recommendations and checking on the safety of crossing the river. The paddleboat was a nice change of pace and provided nice solitude.
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Pipestem Resort State Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.