I found this resort while looking for a halfway point between Ohio (where my husband is working) and SC (where we live). I wanted a hotel near a golf course. My husband and I agree, this was one of our luckiest finds. This resort was more than we hoped for. The room was clean, the view was amazing and the price was remarkable. $99 for a gorge view with a senior discount to boot! The 18 hole golf course was in perfect condition. The 9 hole Par 3 was challenging (most holes were at least 200 yds.) and in perfect condition. The greens on both courses were better than most Country Club courses I've played. There is a club house and carts available at both courses.
There is an indoor and an outdoor pool. At McKeever Lodge, where we stayed, there is a game room that includes billiards, ping pong, shuffle board, video games and a photo booth. There is an exercise room and saunas. There's a main dining room with buffet and fixed menu choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There's even a reading nook with a coffee/cappuccino machine.
Have I mentioned how wonderful this resort is? And, the staff was friendly and attentive. Whatever I've forgotten to mention, it's there. A beautiful tram ride across the Gorge takes you to a gourmet restaurant overlooking a running mountain stream where there is also fishing. While we were there, there was a Gospel music performance at the amphitheater. Did I mention horseback riding and archery? And, lots of walking/hiking trails.
- Also Known As:
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel
- Pipestem Resort State Park Hotel Pipestem
- Pipestem Hotel State Park
- State Park Resort Pipestem
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Pipestem Resort State Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.