“Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Philippi
Hampton, Virginia
“Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Especially liked the rooms with hot tubs. Very nice and friendly staff. Good value for the price. We stayed here several years ago, too and we decided to keep coming back. We have also recommended this hotel to family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 4 days on the day we were to check out i accidently left my pillows in brown pillow cases standing aginst the wall on our way out we forgot to pick them up. i relized when i returned home i left my pillows, i called next day no manager would call me back now to inform you these pillows were not cheep i paid with shipping over 100,00 for these pillows.
they never called me back, then the following day i called again they acted like i didnt know what i was talking about.i drove 4 hours back to this hotel went with themto every room they told me they probably have used the pillow. now when u find pillows standing by door that was left??? wow someone is a thief i will carry this all the way to the owner of this hotel .
the nights we stayed there the desk clerk sat out side drinking and smoking with the guest there

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Philippi hotels

Philippi,WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here once back in the summer. There had been a bad storm come through town and our electric was out over a week. I am on oxygen so we decided to stay at the hotel for a night to cool down and for me to get some air. Our room was small. On the second floor. It wasn't the best place ,but it was better than sweating to death at home. It was good in a pinch.

• Stayed June 2012
Chapmanville, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place is horrible, i was afraid to even sleep on the beds,, the carpet was so nasty i kept my shoes on was afraid to take them off,,, the covers on the bed were horribly nasty stains all over them and they were so stiff you could tell wasn't washed for a very long time come on people very beautiful place to visit but no decent place to stay,,,, and no good places to eat, the food next door was barely eatable and after i saw who came out of the kitchen no wonder ,,, all i can say is fix this place up and please clean everything... nasty, nasty, nasty....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Urbana, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

my wife stayed at the motel 3 nights in October, now called the mountaineer something.
The room as dirty, and they woke her up with a wake up call the first night. She had not requested this, and was hoping to catch up on sleep. The motel was noisy at night.
The toilet leaked, so she requested another room. When I talked to the manager, she accuse my wife of knocking on someone's door on the SECOND floor in the middle of the night, and denied the toilet leaked. She took $20 off our bill, and hung up on me..This place sucks.

Room Tip: avoid this motel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel has changed hands several times in the last 10 or 15 years. Hotel is in decent shape and would certainly qualify as a budget hotel. The appointments are appropriate for the price paid and the insect fauna add a nice touch. Some garbage on the floor but… also there was hair on the floor in the bathroom. There was hair in the bathtub too. Gross. There was some other dead bugs on the floor too but at least they sprayed. The tiles around the bathtub and a nice thick layer of dust on it. I am glad I do not have a black light app for my phone. Else I may find things I do not want to see. Oh yeah, there is a scum line in the bathtub.

• Stayed August 2012
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our group had reservations for a trip in September. We already had the price and tried to get a contract for 2 weeks. My husband called today and because new owners took over and raised the prices, they cancelled our reservations. If this was the only motel in West Virginia, we wouldn't go there.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Mountaineer Inn? Share your experiences!