“Winter Visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paw Paw
Avalon Resort
You added Avalon Resort to your Saves list
223 Avalon Lane, Paw Paw, WV 25434   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Winter Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Went to Avalon for the first time in winter. Not much had changed from my previous experience. A lot of snow had fallen on the day of my trip but the resort was accessable - I had a four wheel drive. Not much to do outside with the exception of a roll in the snow naked. A fair number of people were there using the pool and other facilities.

The only downside was the Nudsino - it's a smokers paradise - I couldn't last more than 10 minutes in the place, the smoke smothers you. Too bad, people were having a lot of fun but I went to my room to read. WIFI is available at the resort, but it is not secure - so I wouldn't be logging into any acounts with a UserID and password. But you can search the Web and read the news online.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was my first time at Avalon. My husband had been there a few times and was anxious to have me try the experience. I loved not having to "dress for dinner"! The staff were incredibly friendly and supportive. I felt absolutely no pressure to be totally naked, but wanted to be anyway. The room at the lodge was adequate - nothing spectacular. We did get a room with a king sized bed. The food was served family style on Friday night, and was very good. Way too much food! There is also a snack bar at the outdoor pool that served burgers and sandwiches which were OK.

The only negative comment is that the "nudsino" bar was so full of smoke that I did not want to stay. Coming from a state that does not allow smoking in bars or restaurants, I found it intolerable. I would have liked to socialize a bit more but ended up reading a book by the indoor pool instead.

Overall this was a great place to have a first nudist experience. Beautiful country tucked in the hills of WV.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hidden jewel is only about an hour from my home. I never knew it existed. It was our first time at a nudist resort, but friends invited us there for the Music Folk Fest. We had a great time camping, and it was so relaxing and refreshing. The music festival added a lot to the festivities and crowd, but we enjoyed the dances at night to live bands even more, and everyone was very friendly. We got over our modesty quickly, and it was hard to get dressed to go back home. The pool and hot tubs are a lot of fun, and we cooked out around the campfire, and slept in a tent. There are plenty of hot showers and hair dryers around for use, and a bar and restaurant. We did all our own cooking, but it was nice to know there were options. We were very favorably impressed, and will be going back! I can't speak for the lodge or hotel rooms as I did not see them, but the campsites were nice. We camped down near the playground close to all the facilities. I can't say much about the other camping areas as we didn't venture that far back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

We actually stayed in the campsites at Avalon over the Memorial Day Weekend. The facilities were one the best for a RV Park and they had great primitive camping sites as well. The staff was friendly and the crowd staying for the weekend were good company. The outdoor pool has a snack bar, new lounge chairs and a small pavilion you can eat under. The indoor facilities includes a large pool, two hot tubs and a work out room. In the evening there are two places you can have a drink. They also have an area they called NUDSINO where you can play WV Slots and mingle. The best part is that all the people were great to be around. There are some single men there, but they wer very polite to everyone I seen. I would definately take my wife back to Avalon. If you want a relaxing weekend, naked is the way to go!

Stayed May 2008
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Avalon is a genuine nudist/clothing optional resort that maintains the highest standards of behavior.

Our lodge room was basic, but comfortable. Queen bed, private bath and just down the hall from the dining area at one end of the lodge and the indoor pool at the other end of the lodge. Be warned that the lodge rooms have very thin walls. 'nuff said.

Also just down the hall was the "Nudsino". The bar with three West Virginia lottery slot machines. The smoke was so thick that we couldn't stay in the room for more than a few minutes.

The restaurant served very good food--especially considering the location in the middle of nowhere.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

The crowd is friendly and genuinely nudist. Several families with young children were there.

Be warned that you will have no cell phone connectivity. Wireless broadband is available for free in the lodge area.

A great place to enjoy a quiet weekend of nude recreation with some of the most friendly folks we've encountered in our nudist travels.

• Liked — A great nude resort
  • Disliked — The lodge rooms can be noisy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mid Atlantic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

My wife and I certainly are not newcomers to the Nudism scene but had some strange experiences with Avalon. Has the potential to be a great resort, from the rolling mountain hills to the cozy condos, the setting is beautiful. What is not beautiful is the amount of gawkers and single men who seem to frequent the resort. My wife made her way to the empty hot tub and within seconds two men were on either side of her not staring at her beautiful face. She was so disgusted by their display of perversion we had a short stay. We went back to our condo. While back at our place, I caught a peeping tom red handed looking into an adjacent condo window. The next night involved a dispute with a single women who refused to keep proper distance. This is not what nudism is about. If this is what Avalon is about, AANR needs to drop by for a visit.

• Liked — condo
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

Great Staff and location easy to make friends and have a relaxing time.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Avalon Resort? Share your experiences!