“Quiet and comfortable with an excellent breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Parkersburg
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Quiet and comfortable with an excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were in Parkersburg for a family emergency and needed a quiet, comfortable hotel that was near the hospitals. We certainly found it.

The hotel is on the main road which connects Parkersburg and Vienna and is convenient to many restaurants, Wal-Mart, Kmart, and the mall. Its right behind Red Lobster and Olive Garden, Outback, and Burger King are within walking distance.

The room was very nice with two comfortable beds, a desk with internet access, comfortable chair, iron and ironing board, fridge and micro. The toilet and tub were in a separate room so that another person could use the sink/vanity area.

They had an excellent breakfast with many choices to suit anyone--sausage gravy and biscuits, eggs, sausages, French toast, waffles, delicious pastries, bread, bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, etc. A very friendly young man kept everything well stocked and clean.

We asked for the first floor since I had learned on Trip Advisor that there was no elevator. We heard very minimal walking above us and almost no noise from the hallway even though the hotel was very busy.

The pool and hot tub looked inviting, but we weren't able to enjoy them.

We will definitely stay here again when we are in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor unless you are okay with steps.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortParkersburg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Parkersburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive for guests experiences like yours. I will certainly pass your comments on to our team.

Mike Day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Carrollton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was in town visiting my elderly parents and chose this Comfort Inn to stay at, mainly for the location, it's convenient to everything in Parkersburg, Vienna or the Ohio side. I couldn't have been more pleased with the entire stay. Mike the Manager is beyond helpful and very nice and it flows down thru his staff. On Monday morning, I didn't think the coffee was as hot as the other 2 morning, so I told the man working the breakfast. He said no problem & immediately poured it out and made a new pot, which was piping hot, like I like it. The variety of food for breakfast was unbelievably huge and yummy. The bed was so comfortable and the hotel is in great shape. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, but it looked nice. When I return to Parkersburg, this is the ONLY hotel I will ever stay at...........it's that good!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 107, a King Suite, which was close to the lobby, but very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Concord Twp, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way home from Myrtle Beach. We chose it for the pool and hot tub which were both nice. When we ordered pizza there was no place in our room to eat it so I called the desk and they offered to open the dining area for us to eat which was really nice. The downside was extremely small rooms (you couldn't walk past the bed if a suitcase was there) and there is no elevator to the 2nd floor which was challenging for our daughter with a broken ankle. All in all for one night it was fine and for the cost worked out well.

• Stayed June 2013
Little Hocking, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was just an overnight stay to get away by myself. The Mgr Mike is very friendly and accommodating to my personal needs. Rooms and rooms both roomy and comfortable. Pool area is very nice and staff refilled hot tub because the water was really low. In a great location for eating and shopping. Will be staying again..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I recently stayed here one night and couldn't be happier with my stay. The hotel doesn't look like much on the outside but once you step inside you will not be disappointed. It appeared to to me as the lobby area and rooms had been recently remodeled Check in was a breeze and the front desk clerk was very friendly. The room was very clean and very big with a king size bed, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, desk, and lounge chair. Bathroom was small but there was plenty of sink space to put your bathroom stuff. Also the hotel is very close to the mall and all the major chain restaurants such as Red Lobster, Logans, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden etc. etc. Only bad thing I found was the walls are very thin and you can hear everything. But if I need to stay in Parkersburg again I will definitley stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have a divided opinion , first off i am a choice rewards elite diamond member, i was in parkersburg for work; my first stay was 15 days ,it was great, my room was really nice and clean the front desk staff was really nice.The weekday bar attendent Adam summers was my greatest assest he made everyone feel at home ,he give me really good advice on shopping ,dining,nite life and even directed me to a nice little shop to get some parts for my computer.this stay was 5 stars. My second stay wasn't so great, i requested a king room but i got a double room and was told i could switch when a king room came avaliable, i was there 20 days and it wasn't until the 17th day that i was asked to switch, despite the fact that i had complained about a undesirable smell (urine)in my bathroom and sink area which housekeeping tried to get rid of but apparently it was in the wall or floor.Then the weekday breakfast attendent was too busy playing with his ipad and kept over cooking the food and some days burning everything til it had no taste . I did complain to the front desk but nothing was done it .Then myself and some of the other guest complained to Adam summers the bar attendent and he took our complaints to management , which inturn had the weekday cook make the food so we could eat it(no ipad allowed)so by the last week of my stay i didnt have to buy my breakfast anymore. But all the staff was really nice and i probably would stay there again just not in room 123.this stay was 3 stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The rooms are well maintained and clean. The desk staff are very helpful ( Alyssa at the desk saved a room that I had stayed in before, and liked, for me the next time I stayed with them.) The breakfast is always ready at 6 am thanks to very pleasant young man. They have a small bar with good prices and happy hour snacks. Overall a good value for the money.

Room Tip: No elevator, go for first floor. No restaurant , cant uncheck the restaurant rating above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parkersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Mineral Wells
Comfort Suites Mineral Wells
#3 of 5 in Mineral Wells
4.5 of 5 stars 107 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Parkersburg? Share your experiences!