“GoodFood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Richmond, Virginia
“GoodFood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Consistently good food. Fast, friendly service. Steak was cooked properly, tender and flavorful.

Visited January 2012

Delaware
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I expected this to be average and I wasn't disappointed. Decent steak and potato. The best part was the drink. I think it was called the rattlesnake. Very good!

Visited October 2011
Vincent, Ohio
“My Texas Birthday Bash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Parkersburg, West Virginia, is a long way from Texas, though the two states do share something in common--they both appreciate a good charbroiled cut of beef. I just turned 66 a couple days ago--old enough now for Social Security and old enough to have devoured any number of such pieces of marbleized beef in my time. I've known the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. My birthday steak was good...outstanding, even, a ten-ounce sirloin, medium-well (a tad pinker than I prefer but acceptable). The flavor was exceptional (no A-1 for this baby) the texture tender and juicy. A Caersar's salad, hot rolls with honey-butter, and my good old green beans (exceptional as well, though not comparable to those at Outback Steakouse) rounded out the feast.

My wife had a barbecued chicken breast which she wouldn't even let me taste (I guess that means she liked it). We also indulged in their artery-clogging, deep-fried, mouth-watering onion "blossom." The service was impecable, our server even bringing extra grilled onions for my steak without being asked (she felt the original offering was too skimpy). My wife said she felt rushed by the server, but then again, she always tends to savor her food. Inasmuch as it was my birthday, my wife handled the check so I can't testify as to how much all this cost. Past experience though has found the place to be reasonably priced.

Parkersburg has two "roadhouse" type steakhouses, Logan's being the other one (three if you consider Outback a kind of Australian roadhouse). There's not much difference among them. Texas Roadhouse is more...Texan (duh) and Logan's, I guess you could say, is kind of redneck hillbilly in atmosphere. Both feature the obligatory peanuts with shells tastefully strewn all over the floors (no peanuts at Outback). The menus at all three places might well be Xerox copies, and the "ambience" with their zillion and a half flat-screen, high-def TVs hanging all over the place, all seem to be cut from the same cloth (undoubtedly burlap).

As I gushed above, I kind of prefer Texas Roadhouse but my wife and son both dote on Logan's. Outback, if you wish to lump it in with the other two, probably beats them both, though there you'll pay a little more. In any case, the next time you turn 66, give the Texans a try. Tell them some bald-headed old coot on Social Security sent you.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ohio
“Not For Me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I am local to the area and I have ate here 5 times since it opened, and I've never had a meal I liked. Why if I do not like it do I keep going back? Well I will give an establishment at least 2 times to get it right, and the other times we went with someone else who wanted to try it. The 4th time we went my wife had the pulled pork and really liked it, so she wanted to get pulled pork again on her birthday.
It seems like this is a place you'll like or hate, I've talked to people from both ends of the spectrum. It seems like the people who like this are big steak eaters, I am more of BBQ, chicken and ribs and those are not good. The last time we went I got the pulled pork along with my wife, when it arrived it was pork chunks, 2 inch cubes with fat a grisle. It was horrible. The manager took off half our bill and wanted to get us something else, but honestly I am done with this place. The service has always been good but my experience with the food is poor. There are much better places to eat in Parkersburg.

• Visited April 2011