“Beautiful and Classy” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toms River
“Beautiful and Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed one night in this beautiful historic hotel. Clean, spacious, and lovely accommodations. We had a very restful night and would stay here again for our next visit to Parkersburg. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant downstairs that is four star. We ate dinner and breakfast there and were everyone enjoyed their meal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Armada, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

After a long trip home, this half way point was a pleasant surprise. We entered the lobby to a live smooth jazz performance in the dining room, Christmas Tree competition and a quaint bar. The dining room was open and ready to serve. The room was very comfortable, as was the bed. While the lobby and the outside are historical the rest of the hotel is new and updated. Not the historical architecture you may expect. It does not take away from the charming experience through.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Logan, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful and the staff if very friendly. Location is also perfect. I stayed here on a business trip for for days and could not be happier. Everything was very clean and kept well, really I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Blennerhassett was a very nice hotel. Just stopped over for one night; arrived late and left early, but was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was for the money. The only thing I will say is that the bathroom was SMALL. Not really room for two people in there unless one is standing behind the toilet. We had a double room; I am sure there are larger rooms with more bathroom space for higher prices. However, we were pleased and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bellaire, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Blennerhassett last night.
There was a problem with our reservation.....they had cancelled it by mistake. The problem was resolved though and we got a room.
This is an old historic hotel but it really doesn't have any interesting architecture. I thought that the hotel and our room were pretty drab. Our room was large and nicely furnished but the furniture was worn and chipped. The bathroom and accessories were nice. The room was fairly expensive but they did provide free internet and free valet parking which expensive hotel would not..
We had a nice dinner in their restaurant.
Other than the reservation, I did not have any problems.
I would not go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Blennerhassett Hotel in Parkersburg, WV is truly one-of-a-kind. The overall purpose of this hotel is to provide services as services used to be given years ago. The bellman greets you at your car and provides luggage service as well as parking your car. After quite a drive this is a very welcome relief to weary travelers. Everything about this aspect of being welcomed spells one is in for a treat from the outset. The check-in time as handled very well and we were escorted to our room by the bellman. The entire hotel is like a step back in time. It is decorated to the hilt and very inviting to travelers. My wife and I were on our way home after being gone for a week and this stop was very relaxing and hit the spot. The room was exquisite, the furnishings were very attractive and we knew we had made a correct decision to stay the night. The restaurant was super and the food was great. Following supper we ventured into the Library complete with fireplace and giant overstuffed chairs. We relaxed for about an hour before heading up to our room. All in all this stop-over was just what we needed as we made our way home the next day. We will definitely stay again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel was nice, but not outstanding. There just seemed to be something missing.
Pros:
-Staff was pleasant and accommodating
-Downtown location was central to attractions
-Shower and robes were nice
-Bed was very comfortable
-Everything worked
-Wifi was available
-The premises are non-smoking
-We arrived at noon and were allowed to check in, rather than wait until the designated check-in time of 3:00. We appreciated this.

Cons:-Right after I made the reservation using a Groupon voucher, I received an email confirmation which had the correct rate and taxes. The next day, I received a second email confirmation that had a significantly higher rate listed. This raised a red flag, so I immediately called the hotel and was told not to worry as it would all be taken care of. However, when it was time to check-out, there was indeed an issue with the taxes on the bill, and I needed to run all the way down the dark, cold alley to the parking lot to get the original confirmation email regarding costs and fees. It was resolved, but left me with an uncomfortable feeling.
-When I made the reservation, I asked the girl about the fitness room, specifically if there were any 10, 12, or 15 pound weights. She replied, “Yes, we have all sizes.” So you can imagine my disappointment when I arrived and saw there were no weights of those sizes. I could have brought my own if she would have given me accurate information.
-Parking is a problem. When we arrived, there was bumper-bumper cars parked along the entrance to the hotel, so we had to park in the hotel lot which is a block away. There was no bellman available to help us with our luggage, either.
-There is no fridge or microwave in the room, and no complimentary continental breakfast like many other hotels.
-Finding a way to pop some popcorn for an evening snack was a bit awkward.
-The printer in the business room was out of toner, so it was not possible to print anything.
-The noise from the street traffic kept me awake
-The room I purchased was described as a “deluxe,” yet it was quite small and I had to wonder what made it “deluxe.”

Suggestion: If you just want a room and are not interested in the 2 museums and Starbucks $9 credit, then skip the Groupon and get a room on Priceline, which is $10 cheaper than what we paid with the Groupon.
Tip: It only took us a little over three hours to walk the historic district, the trails at Point Park, and the two museums. So there isn’t really much to do at this time. The historic island “closed” for the season Oct. 31.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!