“A classic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Parkersburg
sheffield village
“A classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wanted to revisit the river cities on the ohio 3/25 thru 3/2913. The building was beautifully maintained and gave me a feeling of steping back in time. Staff and service was excellent in all areas. First night out the down pillows were too soft for my taste and the staff took care of it very quickly, offering different selections. Special mention to the bellhop, very helpful. Spats, the hotel restaurant served excellent food but for the price the service could have been more attentive. IE: water refills. The hotel bar was relaxed and had friendly, attentive service. A very nice place to spend a few days

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bidwell,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten at the Blennerhasset, but had not stayed in the hotel. It was very nice. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We had reservations for dinner which was excellent (Baked Monkfish for me, my wife had Scallops), but did not realize we needed reservations for Sunday Brunch. The staff made a reservation for us and made sure we were taken care of. The hotel is very well maintained and clean. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My Wife and Son stayed at this historic hotel Easter weekend and have nothing but rave reviews for both the hotel, the staff and the restaraunt. We stayed in an Executive Suite with a separate bedroom and living area. The rooms are well decorated, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the hotel in totality was impecable in all ways.
Throughout our stay the staff was cordial and obviously well trained. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job and there was a pleasantness that seemed genuine. Most notable was the food at the Blennerhassett Restaraunt. We had a pecan encrusted pork tenderloin, my Wife had Chicken Alloutte and My son had the duck quesadillas. Everything was beautifully presented and exploded with flavor.
We are already planning a return trip from Cleveland this Summer! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone venturing to the Parkersburg area!

Room Tip: We don't have a source of comparison as we stayed in an executive suite but I would recommend up...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Beautiful and interesting outside. Inside, okay, but not quite what I expected. The lighting was almost nonexistent, especially in the bathroom for makeup and by the couch for reading. The room was very pretty, but not up to the same standards of other historic hotels where we have stayed, examples, The Brown, Louisville, KY and The Hotel Denver, Glenwood Springs, CO. It almost appeared to be cutting amenities to save a little money in the wrong places.
I enjoy frequenting these historic hotels, because I hate to see these bastions of the past fall into ruin. But it would be hard to recommend this particular one to other travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Advance, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Bell hop welcomed us promptly when we arrived. I had requested a room by the elevator, noting a person in my party was somewhat handicapped and using a walker. Our room was farthest from the elevator. Upon arrival to our room at 5:00 pm there were still dirty room service dishes on the floor outside our door. There were also dirty wine glasses on the armour in the elevator foyer on 2 floors. We decided to eat at the highly recommended hotel restuarant. The waitress raved over the special soup d'jour, which we ordered, and she promptly returned to tell us it was not available. While my mother was still eating her appetizer salad the waitress brought her dinner and set it to the side. The meal was cold by the time she finished her salad. A little rushed feeling. Overall the experience was average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband surprised me with a night at the Blennerhasset. We live in Columbus, Ohio and were both needing a break from my work and his school. That man surprised me at every turn with the help of the wonderful staff. Little gifts kept coming to the room, small boxes of chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, a bottle of wine. He even arranged for the bed to be covered in rose petals! So wonderful! The staff treated me like royalty! The food there was oh so omg good too, although some of that has to be because of the company I had. ;) We were in the William Chancellor suite, a turret room that might be smallish by today's standards, but it was so gorgeous! We loved it, and I just had the best two days of my entire life! Thank you to the great staff of the Blennerhassett! We WILL be back! <3

Room Tip: Go for a Signature Suite! :)
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Blennerhassett and truly enjoyed it. We were in an Intermediate King room. Rather small, especially the bathroom, but beautifully furnished. For just one night we were very satisfied. Had a lovely dinner with wine at Spats. We chose to sit in the loung/bar area where live music was performed. We would definitely return if we found ourselves in that area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blennerhassett Hotel? Share your experiences!