“beyond belief a piece of heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ACE Adventure Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Hill
ACE Adventure Resort
You added ACE Adventure Resort to your Saves list
Minden Rd, Oak Hill, WV 25901   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
new york
“beyond belief a piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Well let me start by stating that before we even got there the customer service I received was great. I had not had a vacations in several years and this trip was very important to me. I called non stop over a period of two weeks prior to my arrival with many questions and always received a pleasant person on the other end of the phone to answer my questions. that did not once we arrived. Every single staff member and every guide we encountered where exceptional. The level of customer service is incredible. It's exceptional. these people know there stuff and are the most pleasant people. everyone of them. We stayed in the cedar cabin for five nights and absolutely loved it. clean and in great condition. We found it to be charming. the bath house was always clean and we loved that it was all individual toilet/shower rooms really great never seen that before. fantastic that linens are provided and towels are exchanged everyday. The mailbox concept was awesome. one morning when I saw maintenance out there with weed whackers I was shocked. this place is so well kept its just beautiful, we did the whitewater rafting, zip line, mud obstacle coarse, Stand up paddleboard sampler. horseback riding and hiked as well. we enjoyed everyone of these activities and felt tall our guides where great, top shelf. impressive to is that when activity is finished beverages are offered. wow great touch. we did the meal plan and it was great. breakfast and dinner buffet everyday. nothing to think about. we really enjoyed the convenience and the food was good. we also enjoyed the lake everyday lots to do there. the beauty of this resort is just breath taking. absolutely amazing. our vacation was so exceptional in every way. we didn't want to leave. to me and mine it was our little heaven for five days. like I already stated this trip had a special meaning for us and it turned out to be beyond anything we could ever have hoped for, way beyond. our last night there was an unreal experience just sitting by a campfire with sky full of bright stars, telling ghost stories , eating smore's and jiffy pop. who could ask for anything more.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Had a fantastic time at ACE. We tried a variety of accommodations, and they all exceeded our expectations. The "family" camping on the raised platform turned out to be a lifesaver when heavy heavy storms rolled through. The rafting and horseback riding trips arranged through ACE were lots of fun. And the adventure lake was incredibly fun for young and older alike. The food was also surprisingly good. Highly highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ft. Wright, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Spent 4 days here in the cedar cabins. Although the weather wasn't cooperative, the staff at ACE did. We had a great time on the river, went mountain-biking (great suggestions from staff!), and hiking on some fabulous trails. The layout in the cabins is nice - 2 queen and 2 trundles, which means that everyone in fam of 5 can have their own bed. Everyone from the folks who cleaned the bathrooms to the desk staff, bike shop, lake, and rafting were knowledgeable, friendly, and went the extra mile. Cannot wait to come back. Will probably stay somewhere a little closer to the center of activity at ACE next time as with the rain and mud, the drive was sometimes a bit of a hassle. Huge property, but you've done a great job developing while keeping the outdoors feel. Lots to do for all ages. Wish we were back already.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

It has been along time since i had such a great time. It was a great week. We had our company getaway there. From the cabins to the camp ground everything was perfect for us. We did the white water and zip. The white was epic and Zach our guide definitely was the reason. He made our trip, not one person in our raft didnt walk away with an amazing time on the river but also amazing memories we will be taking about for years. (I will schedule my personal vacation around hisbwork schedule so we get hom as our guide) I chose to camp and while a wet one it was a great time. Others chose to stay in cabins and seemed to really like them. And the ones that wanted a hotel regretted their decision. While there are other choices Ace Adventure will be mine from now on. Again thanks to everyone at Ace and a big Thanks to Zach!

Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

It is always important to judge an establishment on its primary purpose. Ace is a Guide company specializing in River activities. If this was my only criteria I would rate them a five. We went river rafting guided by Mattie and she was very competent and made us feel safe and welcome. I'm still wondering how she yanked me out of the water given I am 215+ and she is probably 120 soaking wet. The only criticism is directed at our accommodations. We stayed at a cabin "luxury" Chalet. We were there three nights and had six people to feed. The cabin itself was fine. It was clean and functional. The kitchen, not so much. The refrigerator leaked from the freezer, the kitchen utensils were scarce and we were missing glasses. We had no can opener and I had to hunt down additional larger pots, cutting boards, can opener at the service desk. It takes little effort to provision a kitchen with the basics and unfortunately ACE did not meet even the basic standard. I am metering this by designating the accommodations as necessary evils for ACE and not there core offering. In no way am I suggesting that someone should exclude them in your choices of places to stay, but ACE management take note. You need to focus on getting your kitchens in order. If you do select ACE bring with you your own pots, pans and utensils.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spent weekend camping,rafting,zipping! Awesome time! Cleanest campgrounds with friendly staff.
Our river guide, Chicken Head( yep, he's for real!) was absolutely fantastic. Could not have asked for a better experience. Lunch on river by the team was great! Wild ride met all our expectations. Didn't lose a single paddler overboard!!!
Zip line guides excellent as well. Kept everyone safe and enjoyed the incredible views. You gotta see this place!! Do it all again in a heartbeat!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous weekend at Ace. The campsites were great with nice clean bath houses. I was very nervous about the whitewater rafting, but our guide, Chickenhead, was the best! I felt totally safe and confident and had a blast! I can't say enough about how great he was. He knew the rapids like the back of his hand and nobody fell out of our raft all day. They served us an awesome lunch on the river. It was so much fun. We zip lined on Sunday and, again, had super guides. Paul, Chelsea, and Brent saw to it that we had a great time and the scenery was gorgeous! Can't wait to come back! Thanks, Ace!

• Stayed August 2014

Been to ACE Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!