“Closed!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Closed!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This Restaurant has been Closed!!! For quite sometime now and needs to be taken off this list. Please up date your information on this app. As it can b misleading. Thank you.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Fayetteville
“Don't eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm not sure this restaurant is clean. It looks dingy and dark so you can't really tell if it is dirty or just looks dirty. The waitress I had was really friendly -- actually too familiar. I had never seen her before but she tried to act like I was her best friend and we were in this together. The food was standard diner fare, nothing special and certainly not prepared with fresh ingredients. A person I thought might be the owner or at least a manager walked through the restaurant at one point and stopped to talk to some patrons, but did not stop to talk to me. Even as she talked to some patrons, you could tell she didn't really want to talk -- no eye contact. My advice is -- if you come across this one on your travels, just keep traveling. There's bound to be a better alternative down the road.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mount Hope, West Virginia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love stopping here time to time. The food is great, and the waitresses are always nice to look at too! If you want real homecooked food, this is where you need to go. Great food, good prices.

Visited November 2012
Scarbro, West Virginia
“My First "Poor" Rating--But Well Deserved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've eaten here twice in 2012. The restaurant is located in the old Long John Silver's building in East End Oak Hill.

The tables and chairs are mismatched with uneven legs that rock back and forth. The table we sat at (my second visit) almost dumped my food in my lap. The decor does put one in the mind of eating at home, so maybe this was all planned.

On both occasions, we ordered food directly from the menu and were told that "the truck didn't run" so certain items were not available. This was frustrating enough, but nothing compared with the 45-minute wait for our food. The restaurant was not full, either.

I ordered the chili and I could swear it was Hormel's Chili straight out of a can--packed with sodium. My companion's burger and onion rings were very tasty. The food was reasonably priced, but at lunch time who has the time to sit and wait for 45 minutes for your food to be delivered to the table?

I believe Melissa also has a sandwich truck, although I'm not sure what its route is. This might be a much better option since the food, I imagine, is already prepared!

The waitresses were new both times I went (six months apart between visits) and didn't seem to know much about waitressing. I won't be going back any time soon.

• Visited August 2012