“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Fayetteville
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

What a disappointment! The Oak Hill area needs some good places to eat, but this one is not worth the trouble. I have been there twice with two others. The first time, the food was ok, but we waited over an hour to get it. On that day, there looked like there were a half-dozen staff waiting around and doing.....what? That particular day was just after they had opened and the cook quit about the time we placed our order. The waitress apologized for the wait, but indicated it wasn't her fault. The second time my two friends and I went, the service was a little faster, but they brought our orders out one at a time. I got mine first and didn't want to eat in front of my friends. One friend got his second, then the third friend's order arrived. I complained about not getting all our orders together, but the waitress said it was my fault because what I ordered didn't take as long as what the others ordered. Others of the staff came to my table to see what the problem was. One of them finally said not to complain to the waitress because it wasn't her fault. I sent to the kitchen for the cook and all he could say was "sorry" After the complaint, not one person stopped by our table to see if we needed anything. Our waitress completely ignored us, and another of the staff brought our check. After I paid, no one invited me back. They needn't have worried. We won't be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Scarbro, West Virginia
“Inattentive Staff Costs It One Rating Point”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

DelFino's has been open several months now. The food is still good, especially the kaiser buns used on some of their sandwich selections. But the service hasn't improved since my last review a few months back.

Granted there was a large party that came in after we ordered our food. As soon as they placed their order our waitress disappeared. There was no follow-up for quite some time and my table mate's order for dessert was delayed for approximately 20 minutes. We were ready to leave when a second waiter finally brought the dessert. We asked for a to-go bag.

I noticed that the large table of guests next to us were not given plates or utensils. It just seems that the wait staff can't get the basics right. They have no problem apologizing all over themselves over and over again, but nothing changes.

Don't give up on this place, though. The food is good and it is in a good location. Maybe the staffing issues will be resolved in time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scarbro, West Virginia
“Good Food--Wait Staff Needs Training”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Tried this new restaurant in town twice so far. Each time the food has been very good--BBQ platter with onion rings the first time and pizza the next time.

My issue so far is with the wait staff and speed of delivery. We waited a full 30 minutes for our meal the first time we ate there. I had ordered the BBQ with onion rings, and my table mate had ordered a chicken breast sandwich with onion rings. Our waiter (in his early 20s) seemed to know nothing about his job. No silverware on the table. We had to ask after he had delivered the food. Then he completely disappeared from the dining room and never returned. We had to get the attention of another waitress and she asked us to describe him to her! Eventually, she gave up looking for him and came back and asked us what we had eaten. She created a new ticket and handed it to us. I paid with my debit card and she was completely incapable of ringing up my meal and swiping my debit card. Eventually she got help from someone else.

The food: The BBQ sandwich was very good, and so were the onion rings. The standout was the kaiser roll that came with the BBQ--it was very fresh and perfectly complemented the meat.

On another occasion, we ordered the pizza, which was well prepared with a tasty medium thin crust. The ingredients were fresh and the flavors were robust. (The pizza still took over 30 minutes to reach the table.)

Maybe in time the wait staff and the cooks will pick up some speed, but this is not a place you want to go for lunch if you have a limited amount of time.

• Visited October 2012