“OK place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center

You added Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   340 Oyler Ave, Oak Hill, WV 25901 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel Oak Hill New River Gorge)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
“OK place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Not many amenities, but enough to sleep. Breakfast ok, nothing fresh, eggs tasted funny both days.The biggest hassle was with xpedia. I needed to cancel a night at this hotel. I called and they were OK with it. Called X and was on hold alot. They needed to call hotel. I got disconnected. I called back the hotel and they said they needed confirmation that X would not bill them for a commission for the room. Bottom line it took me 40 minutes to do this and I'm still not sure I'm not going to get billed by expedia for 2 nights here. Had problems at check in with expedia. Night desk gal was pretty poor. Had a loud A/C first night but we changed rooms the second and that one was OK.

Room Tip: Check the A/C unit for noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

VERY clean rooms....and very comfortable beds...wonderful breakfast....don't forget to use your 10% off coupon for the dining room. Easy on and off highway...Take your free cup of coffee or tea back to your roon

Room Tip: rooms on the same floor as check in
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tonawanda, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Needed a place to stay while traveling back from Florida. The weather turned cold and it started to snow. The room was clean, staff was friendly. There is a restaurant in the hotel. Food was reasonably priced and received a 10% off card for the restaurant when we checked in. After traveling all day it was a nice surprise to find a heated swimming pool to relax in after dinner. Have paid a lot more for a lot less in a hotel. Is located right off of Route 19.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did not find anything special about this hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, TV reception in the room was below average. There was a surprisingly high number of cable stations to watch which made the TV quality even more disappointing.

Stayed November 2013
Emporia, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way to Hawk's Nest. When we checked in I requested a room above the main floor and was told that was not possible as they had to keep the third floor available for the military. Our room was right off of the lobby and I was woken up with a pounding heart due to screaming children right outside the door at midnight.

The next morning I went down to use the exercise room at 7am and it was locked (sign said open at 5am). When I asked at the front desk, the woman at the desk questioned me ("Was I sure it was locked?") and only agreed to unlock it when I told her to forget it.

Room Tip: There is a brand new Comfort Inn past Oak Hill towards Fayetteville.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Holiday Lodge for one night before our West Virginia whitewater trip. This hotel is just minutes away from ACE Adventures Resort and it sure beats camping out before a long day on the river. We basically needed a comfortable place to crash as we arrived into town late and had to get moving early the next morning.

Although a bit dated as evidenced by some worn carpets and some peeling wallpaper in places, this hotel was very clean and well kept. Quite honestly, it was better than I expected. The beds were comfortable enough and rooms were outfitted with flat screen televisions.

The hotel was quiet during the night, which is always a bonus. We did stay on a Sunday night though, which I'm sure is generally less busy.

There was a large pool and hot tub area which looked nice, but we didn't have time to enjoy this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Holiday Lodge because it was close to the New River Gorge National Park. Although the staff was clearly overwhelmed, they still tried to accommodate our large group of 15. The rooms were outdated and not very clean. We were in a nonsmoking room and it smelled like smoke. We got up the next morning and quickly went on to our next destination!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 340 Oyler Ave, Oak Hill, WV 25901 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel Oak Hill New River Gorge)
Location: United States > West Virginia > Oak Hill
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Lodge Hotel Oak Hill
Holiday Lodge Hotel And Conference Center
Holiday Inn Oak Hill
Oak Hill Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.