“Reasonable Prized” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center

You added Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   340 Oyler Ave, Oak Hill, WV 25901 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel Oak Hill New River Gorge)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
“Reasonable Prized”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I did not find anything special about this hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, TV reception in the room was below average. There was a surprisingly high number of cable stations to watch which made the TV quality even more disappointing.

Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Emporia, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way to Hawk's Nest. When we checked in I requested a room above the main floor and was told that was not possible as they had to keep the third floor available for the military. Our room was right off of the lobby and I was woken up with a pounding heart due to screaming children right outside the door at midnight.

The next morning I went down to use the exercise room at 7am and it was locked (sign said open at 5am). When I asked at the front desk, the woman at the desk questioned me ("Was I sure it was locked?") and only agreed to unlock it when I told her to forget it.

Room Tip: There is a brand new Comfort Inn past Oak Hill towards Fayetteville.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Holiday Lodge for one night before our West Virginia whitewater trip. This hotel is just minutes away from ACE Adventures Resort and it sure beats camping out before a long day on the river. We basically needed a comfortable place to crash as we arrived into town late and had to get moving early the next morning.

Although a bit dated as evidenced by some worn carpets and some peeling wallpaper in places, this hotel was very clean and well kept. Quite honestly, it was better than I expected. The beds were comfortable enough and rooms were outfitted with flat screen televisions.

The hotel was quiet during the night, which is always a bonus. We did stay on a Sunday night though, which I'm sure is generally less busy.

There was a large pool and hot tub area which looked nice, but we didn't have time to enjoy this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Holiday Lodge because it was close to the New River Gorge National Park. Although the staff was clearly overwhelmed, they still tried to accommodate our large group of 15. The rooms were outdated and not very clean. We were in a nonsmoking room and it smelled like smoke. We got up the next morning and quickly went on to our next destination!

• Stayed August 2013
Clearwater, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Spent two nights in the Holiday Lodge while visiting the area. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Convenient location for rafting activities. Carpeting in hallways is dated but no big deal! Nice that pool is indoors, restaurant onsite and big lobby with TV. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our family stayed here for one night while passing through. The hotel was clean and comfortable and quiet even though the boy scout jamboree were there. Staff was accomodating. I would stay here again. The only downfall was the bar was VERY smokey. We wanted to go in for a drink, but that detered us and we went off property to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clermont, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I grew up in the area and went to the high school next to the hotel. I recently went home for a class reunion decided to stay here. The rooms were clean, I will give them that. Even in the non-smoking rooms you can still smell the faint scent of old cigarette smoke which irritated my allergies. My reservation was wrong, they had me checking out a day early. Then when I did stay approximately $3000 worth of camera equipment was taken from my room while I was out visiting with my family who still live in the area. The manager was not available when I reported it stolen and I had to leave for the airport. A week later the manager has not contacted me about the incident, despite leaving my contact information at the hotel and calling 3 times myself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 340 Oyler Ave, Oak Hill, WV 25901 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel Oak Hill New River Gorge)
Location: United States > West Virginia > Oak Hill
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oak Hill
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Lodge Hotel Oak Hill
Holiday Lodge Hotel And Conference Center
Holiday Inn Oak Hill
Oak Hill Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Lodge Hotel & Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.