“GREAT DAY ON THE RIVER” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Oak Hill
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience whitewater rafting and scenic float trips on the New River and Gauley River in West Virginia. We also offer: Fire Creek Lodge and Conference Center Dining Area Outfitters Store Welcome Center & Campstore Massage Studio & Spa Outdoor Pool & Hot Tub Zipline - new for 2014! Kid's Arcade Disc Golf Sand Volleyball Horseshoe Pits Cornhole games Hiking Trails ATM Pet Friendly environment
Danville, Virginia
“GREAT DAY ON THE RIVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2015 NEW

This was my 4th white water rafting trip with River Expeditions. As always they delivered an awesome rafting experience. Can't wait for Gauley Season!

Visited May 2015

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Rafting!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2015

Weekend trip with Mars on Gravity and I was nothing but 800% satisfied with my trip. River Expeditions was fantastic and the rafting was world class!!

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Awesome Weekend Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a weekend trip up here for some camping and rafting and it was the best weekend I have had in a long time! When we checked in we expected to be assigned to a site but were told we could pick any tenting site we wanted. We found plenty of sites to choose from and they were all spaced apart well. When we checked out the bathroom/shower facility we were pleasantly surprised at how clean and well maintained they were. I had no issues showering and had plenty of hot water.

On the day of rafting we had to check in an hour before our scheduled departure and complete the waiver form. When we returned the head rafting guide went over some basic safety rules and we got all our equipment and loaded onto the bus. The ride to the river wasnt bad and we enjoyed the scenery on the way.

At the river we were divided into groups and assigned to a guide. I have to give a shout out to Brandon who was THE BEST guide ever! He went in depth with the do's and dont's of rafting safety. On our way down the river and in between rapids he told us lots of stories of WV history that were really very interesting. As we were approaching the rapids he would explain what we were to expect, what to do if we fell out of the raft, etc. Never did I feel nervous; I knew we were in very capable hands. I was sad when we reached the end of the trip because I had such a blast I didnt want the day to end. When we got back to the campsite we had about an hour to shower and change before meeting at the bar on the property to view the video footage of the day.

All in all I dont have one complaint about the weekend. In fact, we had such a great time that we are planning a reunion trip this fall with a few other couples we met and plan to raft the Gauley with Brandon guiding the way again!

Visited May 2015
Grayling, Michigan
41 attraction reviews
“Tons of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

This place is very well organized and family-friendly! There's a ton of things to do and it's not that expensive! We definitely plan on going back to enjoy some of the other adventures offered!

Visited August 2014
York, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to do it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

We went here because we love white water and we found an excellent groupon rate. We were signed up for the Lower New Express Trip. It's a half day trip. Our guide, Brendan, was amazing. He was so knowledgeable and really let us know what was coming and how to handle it. This water was no joke! Brendan made us feel safe but also knew how to have a good time. The campground was okay but I think next time I would stay in one of the cabins. The campground was just a big field with no real separation and some of the occupants were pretty loud until all hours of the night. Not to mention the port-a-potty started to get pretty rank by the end of the weekend and we ran out of TP. Come for the white water, not the camp ground!

Visited September 2014