“Can't wait to do it again” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Attractions in Oak Hill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience whitewater rafting and scenic float trips on the New River and Gauley River in West Virginia. We also offer: Fire Creek Lodge and Conference Center Dining Area Outfitters Store Welcome Center & Campstore Massage Studio & Spa Outdoor Pool & Hot Tub Zipline - new for 2014! Kid's Arcade Disc Golf Sand Volleyball Horseshoe Pits Cornhole games Hiking Trails ATM Pet Friendly environment
York, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to do it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

We went here because we love white water and we found an excellent groupon rate. We were signed up for the Lower New Express Trip. It's a half day trip. Our guide, Brendan, was amazing. He was so knowledgeable and really let us know what was coming and how to handle it. This water was no joke! Brendan made us feel safe but also knew how to have a good time. The campground was okay but I think next time I would stay in one of the cabins. The campground was just a big field with no real separation and some of the occupants were pretty loud until all hours of the night. Not to mention the port-a-potty started to get pretty rank by the end of the weekend and we ran out of TP. Come for the white water, not the camp ground!

Visited September 2014

Big Stone Gap, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“World Class Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

With no reservation or exception, it is our opinion that River Expeditions expertly balances the thrill of whitewater adventure with an incredibly talented, knowledgable, and skilled team of river guides. This outfitter attracts and employs river guides from all over the county, whose resumes, more often than not, include knowledge and experience on some of the most difficult rivers in the WORLD. For example, our river guide Jimmy lives in Colorado, travels the world in search of glorious whitewater throughout the year, but every September comes to Oak Hill, West Virginia and guides the Upper Gauley for 6 weeks with River Expeditions. I truly believe that Jimmy could have guided us down the river, in perfect form, blindfolded. I will personally be forever grateful to guide John St. George, as after one expertly guided trip on the Lower Gauley, my teenaged daughter fell in LOVE with everything whitewater. Our talented guide Jake, kept us all laughing with his approach to life, adventure and just about everything in between. The elite nature of the River Expeditions team is also reflected in the incredibly talented and witty kayaking team that serve as video boaters. In fact, all the staff, such as Rhonda, who hands out the celebratory drinks at the end of each river trip and Lewis, who deserves the bus driver's metal of honor, are genuinely kind and helpful. In sum, River Expeditions is brilliantly organized, brilliantly operated and brilliantly staffed. They are the elite of the elite.

Visited September 2014
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My family (kids 7 & 9) really enjoyed our day of whitewater rafting on the upper New River: lots of fun, great guides, good food, fun rapids. This family run company was also really helpful.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Great time on the New River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was a little nervous on our way down, as I had never done anything like this before. The campground (RV sites) were very nice and met our needs. Our guide for our trip was Jake and I think we had the best guide of any other group. Jake took us through all of the best lines in each rapid, while other groups seemed to take the easiest route. He also gave us very clear instructions on what to do and expect. If I go back, which I plan on doing, I will definitely go with River Expeditions and request Jake. The entertainment at the Red Dog Saloon was a blast as well. I would highly recommend this trip!

Visited August 2014
“Best day ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We just got done rafting down the New river with River Expadtions!! It was a very fun trip it had lots of big class 4s with some fun 5s. Weeven stoped to surf a lot. Are raft guide John st george was very good he has been out on the river for years. But i know we need to get downthe Gauley River with john. Best rafting trip i have ever been on. This town also has someof the best food in thestate!!!! Just get a group and get the nice cabins they have wifi and hot tubes!!!!!!

Visited August 2014