“Suited our need for overnight accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Hope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Checking in was the only positive experience of this stay(Friday 8/22). Upon enter the the building to our room, the stairwell to the second floor were covered in mud. Manuvered around the mud to get upstairs to our room, hallways seem rather dark. Room (249) seemed ok. After showering the next morning noticed a large puddle around toilet. Dried floor and found water was coming from under toilet. .Called front desk she sent maintenence and he said "he could fix while we were in room" and walked off. Assuming a room change...nothing....by the time we got back to our room that evening, nothing had been fixed, no room change offered. Room had not been cleaned...in the light noticed dried food around beds from previous guests. On Sunday morning stairwell had not been cleaned and now there was vomit on 4 bottom stairs. Upon returning around 3pm the stairs still had not been cleaned. My daughter n law went to front desk to tell clerk stairs still had not been cleaned and was told "not my job, I'll leave a note" I fthen went front desk and ask why the clerk had no name tag and was told "MY NAME IS STEVE" I informed Steve of the rudeness towards my daughter n law and the stairwell problem he informed me..."not my job im not cleaning it" I told him when someone falls down the stairs because of the laziness of housekeeping, maintenance or himself he wont have to worry about a job....His response is like oh well.... If he spent more time on customer service and less time in the rocking chair out front smoking, more problems may be handled.....Waiting on a return call from corporate office.
I come thru this area frequently, I will let every business associate I have to NEVER stay here..Worst hotel I have ever stayed in....

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Had A family reunion On Aug.16th 2014.Stayed here at Days Inn August 15th-18th-3 night. I thought the Days in was great. Rooms were clean. Staff was great. Had no problems at all.Internet worked great. Fast speed.!! Had a great pool.. I did not get time to swim,but i did look at it a few times, and wish a little...Looked warm and inviting.!!And I thought the breakfast was great,did not ever leave hungry..I enjoyed the breakfast everymorning.The beds was nice and cozy and My wife and I slept great.Ac worked good kept room nice and cool all the time.well any way my opinion if it counts is the Hotel Days Inn was great. Be looking for the same Hotel when I go back for the family reunion next year..Earl & Martha--from North Carolina..Bye for now!!

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom floor room ,who wants to climb stairs all the time. Nothing ever disturbeb us on th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tavistock, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

As has been stated, it is no much to look at.
Lady at front desk was helpful.
We were in room 109......as we opened the door to a non-smoking room the stink of smoke was obvious.
Some bedding and chairs had smoke burns.
Pool was good and thete was enough to eat for breaky.
If you get it cheap it is a good deal

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sharon T, General Manager at Days Inn of Mount Hope, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Please accept our apologies for the substandard condition of your room. Your comments and concerns have been addressed and we be ordering new curtains and bedspreads for all our rooms. Again thank you, your comments are appreciated.
Brooksville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel was close to our rafting trip site the next morning so that was convenient for us. We had a bit of trouble finging the place cuz it was way off the road. There was a big indoor pool. Our room was recently remodeled, clean and free of smoke smell. The checkin woman was friendly and efficient. The towels were decent and the room was very quiet. Breakfast consisted of waffles and oatmeal along with the various toast, bagels, fruit, etc. Internet worked well. TV was really small but there were a lot of channels.

Room Tip: Away from the front area will be nice and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at our Days Inn of Mount Hope. We are so pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Looking for a cheap sleep while traveling, picked up the coupon book on the highway rest stop. A bit horrified by the outside....looked like it had been closed. Lobby was only marginally better. Room, however, was fine. Clean, apparently updated. No problem at all. The spartan breakfast (no flabby sausage or hockey - puck omelets) featured a crock of oatmeal. I liked it better than the horrible full breakfast featured at these chain hotels. Wi - Fi was good. Used the indoor pool...seemed clean enough...walls, furniture a bit distressed.
If you are brave enough to go inside after you pull up, you'll be fine.

Room Tip: No elevator if that matters, ask for first floor room. Other than that, I don't think it makes m...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to post a comment about our property. We are a bit too late this year for planting flowers, but our goal for next spring is to plant some flowering shrubs and filling our planters full of beautiful flowers. This will make the outside more appealing for our guests. Again thanks for the input and we hope to get your opinion again, once we get this project completed.
New Lisbon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

So, by very nature I should hate everything about this hotel since my car broke down at 12:05 p.m. It was after 5:30 before the tow truck driver delivered my car to the shop and took me to a favorite local hotel. As we pulled in the parking lot I was mortified and took a deep breath. I have never stayed at a NICE Days Inn: it is a rule of mine to never stay at Days Inn Hotels because of past experiences.

I made it too the lobby and I could tell this was not like any Days Inn I have ever stayed at. Dustin was very helpful at checkin and later helped me log onto my I pad. We had a lovely chat about cars, restaurants, and amenities of course. Vending machines, ice, fitness room, and business center all on the way to my room. I was surprised by the lovely clean smell of my room as I opened the door. The bedding was pretty, the carpet clean and not out dated, with tv, fridge, microwave, desk, sofa, and room for the King size bed I was so happy to be here tonight. I sat outside in a rocking chair and enjoyed my new found appreciation for Days Inn here in Mount Hope. If only the car dealer fixing my car can make me this happy.

Room Tip: Many options. Some rooms are very far from the pool and breakfast area. If this is a concern plea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn of Mount Hope? Share your experiences!