“Think Twice!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Hope
Pennsylvania, United States
“Think Twice!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Upon entering, the front lobby and hallways had a terrible smell, not too sure what it was. Although the room didn't smell, the shower was moldy and quite gross, the walls were banged up, and there were "spilled" items on the fronts of the furniture. We did not stay, the front desk clerk was understanding. Said she wouldn't stay there either. Sadly, this is the first bad review I've had to write.

Room Tip: Several hotels available down the road, try there!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had a terrible stay. The front desk had friends
visiting while we were checking in and as we walked to our room, there
were large sections of wall missing in the hallway and you could see the
insulation hanging out. When we got to our room, I turned the AC unit on
and it clammered and my son used the bathroom and the water kept
running. We asked to be moved to another room. I found the front desk
clerk outside, not at the front desk. Once we were given another room, we went to it and noticed all the blankets had cigarette holes in them (literally all over) and when we pulled up the sheets a spider came out from under one. Then the bed my husband and I slept on slanted down and was falling sideways. It was sloped and I kept rolling to his side because of it. Our fridge was making a lot of noise so I unplugged it and we did not use the shower at all because it had mold and mildew all along it. We only stood there because it was around 2 a.m. and we were wore out from driving and the other hotels at the other stops before that stop were fully booked. The next morning we also decided not to eat the cereal that was out there but wanted coffee but there was no coffee there even though it offered breakfast in the morning. It was a terrible experience and I wish I could get a refund. I wrote them and got an apology from their customer service and that I should expect a call from the manager of that specific hotel but still have not received a call back. That place was really disgusting and we paid $100 for the night. I looked online and a bunch of complaints popped up for Days Inn in general. I would never go to one again and I sure hope you never do either!!

Room Tip: Here's a great tip.. don't even bother going here, not even as a last resort!!

Travelers are raving about these Mount Hope hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Awful, terrible, scarey...Days Inn should take their name away from this property. It gives the whole chain a bad reputation.
Broken glass in the entryway, seedy looking people hanging around both entrances.
First room had mold in the shower, linens were stained, stuff (not sure what) on the walls; generally unpleasant. Asked for a different room; was told I wasn't the first person to say their room hadn't been cleaned. Checked out the 2nd room and found it to be equally disgusting.
Ran away as fast as I could. Found decent places 3 miles down the road.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lima, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Run from this hotel. We were traveling down the West Virginia Turnpike and it was nearly midnight and we wanted to sleep for the night after being up all day. The rates seemed reasonable so we stopped. The man at the desk took my credit card and license and he swiped it 3 times and still could not get the card reader to work. Finally, 20 minutes with cash I got the room. The room had dirty sheets that you could see dirt on and there was long hairs on the sheets in both beds. The bathroom tub had hair in it and the floor was filthy. Do NOT stay here.

Room Tip: If you want a better room go down the road a ways from here toward Virginia because this place is fi...
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for one night on our way from Ohio to Danville Virginia for a concert. It was myself and my 16 yod. Upon entering we were greeted by three young female workers and they were really super nice. We had booked this as a secret hotel pick by travelocity and it was a total of 52.00 and in that area it was pretty cheap. Well apparently travelocity had given us a handicapped room which we didnt need but the front desk workers quickly changed it to an upstairs room with two beds. It was an older hotel and smelled both musty and smokey, even in the sections where it said no smoking. Our room looked clean enough but the overall smell made me feel dirty the entire stay. My bedspread had burn holes in it, as did my blanket. I didnt notice any bugs, but it wouldnt have suprised me. You could hear all sounds with people walking around in the hallways and you could also hear every little sound that the room next door made. Another big grievance I had was that often you can run the fan of the air conditioner to drown out noise but on this one you couldnt. It wasnt and option and even with the air turned down to 65 the room wasnt very cool. I dont think I slept a solid 2 hrs and started getting ready to leave at 7am when we didnt need to leave till 11am. We passed by the continental breakfast but I told my daughter lets just go out to eat. I also told my daughter I was afraid we were going to have to stop staying in bargain hotels and step it up a few notches. There were also rooms with empty beer cans lining the hallway outside the door, as it appeared a lot of construction workers also stay there. Again, this place was tolerable but I can say we wouldnt stay there again and in all honesty have not been pleased with any Days Inn we have tried in the past two years, so we likely will not stay at one in the future.

Room Tip: Good luck in finding one. Ask for a room with no one placed in rooms beside you if you plan to sle...
Weirton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This hotel was filthy! I couldn't wait to get out. Our "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarette smoke and the blankets on the beds were full of cigarette holes. We were given another room, which did smell better, but the refrigerator was filthy inside and the vacuum had not been run in that room for who knows how long. The "breakfast room" was so dirty, that we wouldn't even eat there. I would highly discourage staying at this hotel. It's a shame, because it appears there have been some upgrades, but it has not been maintained and is soooooo dirty!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The hotel is sort of in the middle of no where. We were hoping to go out for dinner but since there was nothing else in the area we ended up ordering in a pizza. We were just looking for a crash space and it did OK at that.

There were a lot of kids in the hotel when we were there. This was fine for us but the halls were a little noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn of Mount Hope? Share your experiences!