“Heating hard to control, but great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Princeton
“Heating hard to control, but great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a very good location in Morgantown. Near the mall and campus along with I-79. Parking is easy. Stayed on football weekend so the prices had been elevated quite a bit. Room temp hard to control with fan stopping and starting with heat. Overall nice staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It means a great deal to us that we were able to make your stay comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Tina Potts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Beckley, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel first of all is in a great spot, right off the interstate and just down the hill from a mall. Bob Evans (which is my favorite) is directly across the street. The staff was incredibly friendly and the hotel was immaculate. Being a first time Microtel visitor, I was a little worried about the quality but boy did it knock my socks off. My room was spotless, comfortable bed and the breakfast was more than I expected! I would recommend this hotel to all travelers passing through. Very very pleased!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
All of us thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel! We strive to make each of our guests have a memorable stay. We love that we were able to do that for you.

We look forward to seeing you again!

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed there recently and unlike our previous stay, we were a bit dismayed.

I take into consideration the fact that it was a home game for football fans and that rooms were limited.

We had no party noise like one of the previous reviewer mentioned but we did get a small room and it really is small...and sparse.

I also think the 25 dollar fee is steep for a 4 lb yorkie and this charge will probably influence my decision not to stop at Microtel again.

So, if you choose this hotel, I would call ahead and ask about availability and inquire about the room specifically .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It means a great deal to us to hear our guest feedback.

We would love to have you return and stay with us again.

General Manager.
El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were traveling across country on our annual trek with our dog. We picked the Microtel because it allows pets, for a price. We choose the one queen bed room, because we assumed, as in other hotels, that the room was the same size as the two queen bed room and we would have more room to spread out. We were in shock when we saw the room. It was the smallest room I have ever seen and we have traveled all over the USA, Canada and Europe. There was no room for 2 people, never mind the dog. The person at the desk said that the room is usually reserved by one person and they only had a few that size. We went to get the luggage and check the cancellation policy and were dismayed, especially since the cancellation had a 24 hour notice policyand we were very tired after a drive from Maine . We could have upgraded for a price, but with the $25 fee for the dog, it would have been pretty steep. When we came back in, the desk person offered us a suite at a lower price and did not charge for the dog. He also mentioned that there were only 6 rooms occupied in the hotel. Now, why can't the hotel mention on its web site that the 1 queen room was not suitable for more than one person? I have a feeling that this place does a lot of upgrades. The clerk was very helpful in suggesting a place to walk the dog and a place to eat. The breakfast was more than adequate. We do not plan use this hotel again - there are better deals around especally if you have to pay $25 for the dog.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I apologize that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. We strive to meet all of our guests needs.

We would like for you to come back and experience one of our suites or rooms with two queen beds.
I have spoken to the desk the staff on what appeared to be a training issue.

If I can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

General Manager.
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and I would recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I appreciated the fact that I could keep our dog with us. I rented the pet-friendly room; but then the clerk told me upon check-in that dogs were not permitted in the room and I told him that I had a dog and rented the pet-friendly room. He then told me that it was okay because I told him beforehand and that there was a fee; but we had a different room. He would inform housekeeping that we had a dog. He just wanted to make sure that we weren't sneaking the dog into the room. The room was fairly large; two queen beds for 3 people; and very clean. The shower was wonderful; beds were very comfy. I would definitely go back when in the area. The restaurant across the highway was convenient with good food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We loved hearing from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Tina Potts

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown? Share your experiences!