“Good choice in Morgantown WV” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
“Good choice in Morgantown WV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel's location is perfect for visitng WVU, not near the hustle and noise of downtown Morgantown. Our room had two queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, adequate storage, was clean, and the air conditioning worked just fine. For the business traveler the free wifi worked great. Breakfast had many choices and was served from 6:30 a.m.until 9 a.m. on Monday. Honestly, this will be the hotel of choice in the area,which we will visit frequently due to the WVU.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the same side of the corridor as the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

On a return car journey from Georgia my Mom and I were caught in a terrible rain storm~we
pulled in the Microtel (having heard very lukewarm reviews of Microtel in general!) From the
start to the finish we were surprised and delighted with this property and all the people in it!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I make it a point to read reviews of hotels before I book a room, it has become a helpful habit. I had to be in the Fairmont, WV area overnight on a business trip so after reading reviews and rates I decided to try Microtel in Morgantown, WV, I was not dissappointed. Queen bed, really clean, large bathroom, lots of tv channels to choose from and one of the best rates in the area. There is also a continental breakfast with alot of choices in the am. I will stay here again if I'm in the area.
Jeremy was the front desk clerk when I checked in and was most helpful when I inquired about "good" local eateries. He recommended Charlie's Grill (5 minutes from the hotel). Great food, I had lobster stuffed chicken breast and sausage stuffed bannana peppers.
Great one nighter in Morgantown.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I enjoyed my 3 day stay at this Microtel Inn. I booked a Queen room but ended up with a double Queen room. Handily placed off I-79, it's at the bottom off the hill that leads to Morgantown Mall, so no noise from either the Freeway or the Mall.

It took less than 15 minutes to drive into downtown Morgantown.

The room was well appointed, the bed was comfy and there was no noise from any other rooms, even though the place seemed fairly busy. The wifi worked well enough.

As with other reviews, I agree about the small breakfast area. As to its contents, it was fine for what it was.

I was happy with my stay and would stay there again on a return visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New Holland, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband, 2 kids and I stayed here 1 night on our way home from Indiana. What a great hotel for the price. The staff is very friendly and were able to give us a pack and play for our 1 year old upon arrival. The room was very, very clean (this was the first thing I checked as our stay in another hotel during our vacation, we had a big issue with how filthy our room was). Breakfast was good. They don't have the biggest selection and as other people mentioned, there are only 2 small tables. But it was adequate enough for my family and I. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I walked in the microtel and got a room. This was a very clean room. It was late when I arrived and in the morning when I went to breakfast the assistant manager Traci asked be how my stay was and talked to me over a cup of coffee. I've never stayed anywhere where the manager made me feel like I was home. I will recommend the microtel to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2012
Tina P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am glad to hear that you felt as if you were at home. this is exactly how we want each of our guests to feel. I appreciate that you included Traci's name in your posting. I can't wait to share it with her.
We look forward to serving you again, and your friends!
Tina Potts
Stryker, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I waited too long to book my normal motel in Morgantown, and this was the highest rated motel still available.
The room rate was quite high for such minimal lodging. The rooms are incredibly small, with no microwave or fridge, no built in closet (although there is a free standing unit), and very little room to set a laptop - you need to place coffee service on floor to use the small shelf as a desk. The HVAC unit is built into a flat area with a cushioned top that can be used to place your luggage and such, but the cushion prevents it from being used as a flat surface for the coffee service or laptop. It also may have been responsible for the strange behavior of the HVAC unit and its inability to hold a constant temperature.
When checking in I inquired about connecting to the wireless internet, and was lead to believe that it is out of service on a regular basis. It worked for a bit, then quit for the rest of my stay. The front desk stated that neither they nor the service provider had any idea when it would be repaired. It was suggested that I try Panera Bread for internet access. That was not an option for me, but at least they offered an alternative.
The parking lot was overly full, with cars parked in areas that did not have marked spaces, so if the motel is heavily booked you may find yourself in a parking quandary.
All in all, the room was clean, the room was quite, and the bed was comfortable. This would be a decent place to stay at half the cost of ~$130 per night.
I was informed that suites are available for a roomier stay, but there are usually better places available for the same cost as a micro room, and it would seem that the suites would be proportionally more costly.
Several guests were observed booking rooms for the following week, so perhaps they have reasonable weekly rates for longer term stays.
This was listed as pet friendly, but a normal room won't fit 2 people, so evidently you should have a micro-sized pet.
Interstate access is right around the corner, and a Bob Evans is across the drive. A short jaunt down the interstate gains access to a number of restaurants and shopping opportunities.

Room Tip: A suite should be larger, but not certain of the amenities or additional cost.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown? Share your experiences!