“Good value - but smoky!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Washington, DC
“Good value - but smoky!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed here with my family for one night. We are non-smokers, and when I checked in, I was told there would be a fine if I smoked in my non-smoking room. We had a room at one end of the hotel, and every room in the hall leading up to the center of the hotel's elevators had a non-smoking sign by the door, yet the smell of smoke in the hall was almost overwhelming. Aside from that, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is decent, and they are dog-friendly. For $85/night I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the least occupied area of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Barrie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stayed here one night as on our way to Florida. The reason I chose the Microtel was the price..$72.00. We've stayed in the Microtel in Waynesburg and like the layout with the window seat. I'd requested the 4th floor but on arrival found it is only for smokers.Apparently this will be changed in the next month or so.We were assigned 210 and went to the room. It is right opposite the elevator which has a really loud "ding" which could be heard easily in the room.So we were moved to a handicap room right at the end of the hall 221. Better as only one room occupied beside you. Very easy to hear coughing and sneezing next door. Also when someone would shut their door our door would rattle due to I guess suction.
Yes the front desk ladies are very friendly and helpful, the lobby is really nice the bed in the room was comfortable, the room wonderfully clean. So that's my take--- the pros and the cons.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator try to get a top floor room overlooking Morgantown get a room at the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
woodbine, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was my third visit to WVU and first at Microtel. Will not be my last visit, in fact this will be our "go to" stay place. You can't beat the rate, and I must confest I was expecting not much for the rate, but wow was I surprised. The room was ultra clean, really comfortable (stayed in their version of a "suite-which really is a pull out couch on one side of a counter, and a queen bed on the other") and roomy. Breakfast was frozen food, but who cares, it served the purpose. I have stayed in two other hotels in Morgantown with 4+ star ratings, and they can't come close to this place. Like others have said, this is a hidden gem in Morgantown. My only suggestion to the hotel: how about springing for a few USA Today's out on your lobby coffee table to enjoy over coffee in the morning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

The rooms are nice, the view if on the right side gorgeous. And the staff was extremely helpful. They went above and aboard. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I want to thank Tina for going out of her way to help us get a package to my son. She was very personable and caring in our stay at the hotel. A very valuable employee Thanks again, Tina!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I just want to say, I hate writing this review. Why, you ask? Because I may very well give away one of the best values and nicest hotel locations in Morgantown, WV. Frankly, I want to make sure they have room for me whenever I venture out that way! I've had a daughter in school at WVU for a few years, giving me the opportunity to stay at various hotels in the area. Last year, I was stranded in Morgantown due to weather (Jan. 2011). The staff at the Microtel was amazingly accomodating and flexible. They became my favorite hotel right then and there. Since that visit, I have stayed at the Microtel a few additional times. It's nice to see the familiar faces and terrific staff still there. Erica is one of those friendly faces, always helpful and ready to assist. The rooms are clean and remind me of a "mini-Marriott." Comfortable beds, a nice executive work area, flat panel TVs and SOFT pillows. Bathrooms are large with room to move around without the door hitting you...well, you get the picture. The breakfast is free, with a variety of cereals, biscuits, gravy, yogurt and waffles and french toast (I believe). The lobby area invites visitors to stay and hang out with comfy furniture, while watching one of the WVU sports on the TV. There's also an internet computer for visitors to use and from which to print directions, boarding passes or whatever else one might need. Just a 8-10 minute drive to the Ruby Memorial Hospital (or stadium, if you're heading that way), close to many different activities and restaurants, the Microtel is an outstanding hotel to visit next time in Morgantown.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice and clean. No suggestions.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were looking for a place that would provide a comfortable,quiet night stay before my wife's surgery.After reading reviews we chose Microtel Inns & Suites of Lawless Road,Morgantown WV.It is conveniently located only 15 minutes from Ruby Memorial,also near malls & restaurants.The rooms were extremely clean and practical.The management & staff were very inviting,accommodating & helpful.The beds were soooo comfortable,The continental breakfast was more than expected (loved the biscuit & gravy).The only suggestion we might have is to add instant oatmeal packets.The fresh fruit & coffee 24/7 is an added bonus.We benefited from coupons we found in Room Saver booklets (at travel plazas), or Room Saver.com.Since our first trip we have stayed two more times and was treated the same great way every time.

Thanks again for a pleasant stay,
Richard & Linda

Room Tip: The view on the front side is the best.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown? Share your experiences!