“Everything Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sargasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 239 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Everything Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have been to sargassos several times and have never been disappointed in the food or service. Highly recommend.

• Visited February 2014

Morgantown, West Virginia
“One of Morgantown's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

There were several in our party and everyone really enjoyed their meal. We all got something different, so we tasted different items. I would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Phenomenal ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Everything about this restaurant is first class. I called when the restaurant was closed and I left a message. I received two follow-up return phone calls. I explained to the manager that I had trouble with my hearing and requested seating in a quiet area. The manager advised that she would be happy to make an accommodation. The manager explained that my daughter and I would be seated in their wine room, that the music would be turned so not to interfere with my hearing aids, and that the staff would be expecting me.

Everything was perfect. The staff immediately recognized my name and ushered us to our seats. The music was turned down as promised; the waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The food was absolutely great!!! I had a fisherman-type soup and loved it. I would have it again. My daughter is one of the most finicky eaters I know. She loved her meal (chicken). We will be returning for another meal.

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Best of Morgantown (and beyond)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our third dinner at Sargasso lived up to the first two. You won't find a better overall dining experience in Morgantown. The service is fantastic. Our waiters have all been knowledgeable, professional and unobtrusive. We ask questions about menu items and we ask for recommendations each time and have not been disappointed. Furthermore, the atmosphere is calm and sophisticated, yet not pretentious. Our food has been spot-on each time -- well-presented, flavorful and perfectly portioned. We have eaten in fine establishments across North America and Europe. Sargasso can compete with the best of them.

Menu items sampled to date: seafood bisque, salmon, surf and turf (with both giant shrimp and lobster), scallops, rabbit hot pot, cauliflower galette, foie gras.

• Visited March 2014
Morgantown
“Great luncheon spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Recently had lunch with a long-time business colleague. We will seated and served almost immediately. I had the crab cake sandwich on a house made bun and accompanying salad. Crab was very generous with little filler and was pan sauteed, rather than deep fried like most places. Salad was mixed greens garnished with Parmesan cheese and was quite generous. Colleague had a cup Venetian fish soup and found it to be excellent. We were not rushed with our meal, unlike many Morgantown restaurants during lunch. It appears to be a great business lunch spot.

• Visited February 2014