“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was a nice place to stay. The swimming pool was great and not over crowded and the fitness room was excellent for my wife to use. The breakfast was outstanding although a little crowded during our stay because of a large motorcycle rally taking place. Everyone was very courteous and respectful and the noise level was not bad. Great stay.

Matthews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stopped here later in the evening on our way home. Traveling from Buffalo to Matthews. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Eggs and sausage gravy were warm, not hot. Otherwise there were enough choices.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

To get started, When you first walk in the lobby is clean and has a warm feeling. To me the lobby kind of had a "fruity" smell. The service is great. we got our room keys and went to our rooms no issue until we entered our rooms. In one room the air conditioning want not working that great and the room was damp and smelled like mold we requested another room and that one also smelled bad but it was not as bad. The second room was ok we had no issues with it. I liked the complementary breakfast but it ends kind of early (6:30 - 9:30). The beds are ok but they were not the cleanest. Bathrooms were clean also. There is a pool and It is clean and I didn't see any issues with it. The Gym is ok but smells a little (but that's expected).

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Darrin C
Clarksburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was very clean and the staff was very polite and pleasant. The lobby was very beautiful with it's clean shinny floors.The pool and workout room was both very nice and had easy access.The parking lot was marked well and lighted. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The first floor is great if you are a smoker!
1 Thank Joyce R
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I am late on writing this review, however I just want everyone to know how very kind I was treated. Upon arrival I had no reservations. When I spoke with the night attendant, he assured me that he could accommodate me. I was relieved as there was a bike show going on there, and Marriott had no rooms, but told me Best Western had 19 left. Check In was smooth. The continental breakfast was very good and had everything you could want for breakfast. I had to go to the hospital next day, and when I got back I ask at the front desk if I could get late check-out. Immediately this was approved. I recall Kyle, who was day reservations personnel. He really went above and beyond the call of duty. GREAT JOB KYLE! Anywhere I went, I was asked if there was anything I needed help with. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: I was in room 113 or 131--Not one problem at all
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jewel1958
Oklahoma City, OK, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Rented 3 rooms for 3 nights over a holiday. In one room the faucet ran a steady stream of heated water. It would not turn off. Reported to staff. No action. Hard to sleep with the sound of running/splashing water all night. In another room the carpet was wet in front of the air conditioner. Reported to staff. No action. By day 3, the water was from the wall completely under the bed. A 3 year old in the group could splash in the water, it was that saturated. The room had a mold problem, too, which is understandable given the constant standing water. The sad part is that the carpet was new and was being ruined by poor maintenance. Last but not least, there was no shower curtain in one room and they did not replenish all the towels every day. Had the pleasure of drying off on a hand towel after a shower one night. The beds are not the best either. They need new mattresses. I would never stay at this hotel again. On a positive note, the young man at the front desk was extremely nice!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank Nancy I

Travelers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

On our trip to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Ky we spent the first night of our trip at the Best Western Mountaineer Inn in Morgantown, West Vriginia. The Mountaineer was an excellent place to stay as we have found almost all Best Western's. It is easy to get to, clean and very comfortable. Their breakfast's are always very good with many choices. The staff was very helpful, courteous and friendly. Anytime I am in Morgantown and need a place to stay the Mountaineer will be my first choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple