“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Midland, Canada
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The "Mountaineer" is a bit dated and doesn't seem really clean though I did notice that it was dirty. The breakfast was fine. The hotel is located not especially close to many restaurants. Also there are no sidewalks on either side of the road, so walking can be a bit hazardous (especially when there are mounds of snow piled in February)
Still the bed, sleeping and bathroom was fine. Would return again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying one (occasionally two) nights at a time at this hotel several times a year since 2007 when traveling to Morgantown for events at WVU. Over the the last year or so, it appears ownership has started making some investments in it with new flat-screen TVs, newer comforters on the beds, and improved showers in some of the rooms. A basic / continental breakfast is available each morning that includes make-your-own waffles and sometimes gravy and biscuits (maybe only on the weekends). There is also a convenient exercise room and indoor pool, both of which are rarely crowded. A good value, especially for a trip into Morgantown where you mainly just need a place to relax for an hour or two, get a good night's sleep, and get ready the next morning.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

As an entertainer, I frequently visit hotels as I travel up and down the eastern coast, I rarely stay at best westerns but, after a few business trips in Morgantown and staying at multiple hotels i needed to try something new. I am not the type to review my stays at hotel but as I am frequently in Morgantown I have finally found my new favorite spot. After the place where I was suppose to stay was a complete mess, I needed a quick escape! The best western got me booked and settled in over the phone! The check in process was extremely smooth and easy. My room smelled amazing like freshly cleaned linens and everything was well dusted and clean. Even the bathroom mirror was spotless and streak free. When I ran into an issue that night the manager acted as if he waved a magic wand and helped me instantly with out reprieve. He also even gave me some breakfast sausage(which was amazing). The rest of this staff from the front desk clerk to the cleaning staff were very nice and helpful making sure to ask me about my stay and if I needed anything extra. They smiled and made me feel like I was at a five star resort. I will most definitely be back there again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2013
Reston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Do you want a place near DC that has it all? Well then this is the place! Great location just off I 270 and just a few miles from the center of Washington D.C. By my 20+ stays at this hotel I can only tell you that this is a first class joint. A very friendly staff makes sure that you have anything you need. All I can say is that I have toughly enjoyed every stay. From accommodations to a wonderful breakfast I hope you will consider this hotel as the place to stay when you are in the DC area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Salisbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

When we checked in, we were pleasantly surprised by the addition of newer lamps which provided many more outlets for cell phones, computers, etc. Room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. Efforts were made to ensure that the hotel was not only clean, but also had a clean smell.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Waco, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

good location, Hotel staff was pleasant rooms are clean if any changes are needed the hotel staff will try to accommodate you if possible. Outback and Longhorn Steak house is right up the road. strip malls and gas stations close by as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here on a cross country trip; I had hoped to reach DC by that evening but I was too tired and opted to stop in Morgantown for the night. This Best Western location was conveniently located near the main roads and was very clean and comfortable. I was pleased that I was provided with a little guest bag upon check-in that included some snacks and water, as I woke up too late the next morning to have the continental breakfast that was offered in the lobby.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, and recommend it to anyone who plans on visiting Morgantown or is just passing through.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn? Share your experiences!