“Best Western - not the Best” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #12 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Morgantown, United States
“Best Western - not the Best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Outdated and unclean rooms. The airconditioning and heating unit was old and smelled and was very noisy. Nosiy hotel, can hear erveryting above and around you. No place to sit outside on a beautiful day - needs some type of patio area. Poeple sitting in camp chairs in the parking lot

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Flat Rock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The location of this hotel to the college is very good and really happy upon staying there. Only wish is for returning customers rooms would be available and a little more variety for the breakfast. Rooms are very clean and accomadating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in one of our favorite BW motels, Mountaineer Inn in Morgantown WV, after spending the night at one of the worst, Hammond IN. Hammond is totally impersonal and offers no breakfast with the excuse that they have to promote their restaurant. This would never wash in Europe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Albemarle, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Arriving late on Aug. 31st and needing a room near Ruby hospital, we went into Best Western and were given room 112 on 1st floor. The room was very clean, the pool was clean with no slime or yellow water, the ac put out a very quiet, relaxing hum (I need a fan or hum of some kind to sleep, so I was grateful for that). The breakfast was great and with sausage gravy and eggs that good, who needs bacon or sausage anyway? Each and every staff member was kind and always there for anything we needed and to answer any question I had. i didn't use the elevator, but saw someone cleaning it reguraly like everything else. I think it used to be a smoking hotel, but now it's not so I would think it would take awhile to get the lingering smell out completely and i'm sure people would be glad it's no longer a smoking one. There's always a disrespectful person that'll sneak and break rules like that so any smell of recent smoke was probably from someone like that. This hotel and the whole staff were AWESOME< GREAT< BEAUTIFUL< KIND people and I'd recomend this hotel everyone.In my opinion, this is the ONLY place to stay and it's a shame the rating numbers don't go to 100 or higher. GREAT PLACE TO STAY.They didn't know my husband died in my arms less than 3 hrs after we checked in and they were so kind and good and I thank my GOD for leading me to them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My mom and I stayed here with my two small boys on our way back from Disney to Ontario. It was a Saturday night of a long weekend so we were Just hoping for a place to sleep. Upon arriving, the front entrance had a staff member on a smoke break so we had to walk through that. Turns out he was the front desk guy. We got a room with two beds, sadly they were only doubles. Got into our room, it looked ok, only a few sheets on the bed with half to a quarter of a bed spread across the foot end. Went to the pool, I nearly fell back as I slipped on the first step. It felt all slimy and sloped towards the pool. Had I not been holding onto the railing I would've hit my head or back for sure. I even slipped in the pool. My son slipped n the deck as its sloped in towards the pool too. Got a nice cut on his elbow. The water looked yellow but it could've been the poor lighting. The rest of the hotel smelled of cigarette smoke, the elevator floor was filthy. When I used the luggage cart the bars were sticky probably from some child's hands. Finally had the kids ready for bed, pulled back the covers to find black curly hairs throughout, as well as a burn mark. In a smoke free hotel! Requested to be moved, thankfully went right next door through connecting doors so It wasn't too bad. In new room my mom went to have a shower and found old soap remnants stuck to the Sid of the tub along with hairs in the tub. I had to plug in the lamp on the night table, and found an old Reece peanut butter cup wrapper on the floor. My son has a severe peanut allergy, needless to say I didn't sleep too well. I did speak to the manager and told her it was the most disgusting filthy hotel I've ever been in. She compensated our room an was very apologetic stating they have some new girls in housekeeping. Now onto breakfast...it was ok, they only offered eggs, no bacon or sausage that the other hotels seem to have. They had yogurts, cereal, oatmeal, bread doughnuts etc. I drank my isagenix shake. My mom left behind a bag full of my sons health card, medicine (extra) and insurance card. Within two hrs of us leaving they had called my husband at home am had placed the bag in the safe and said they'd mail it first thing Tuesday priority mail. I'm so thankful for that. The staff I encountered were helpful, kind, friendly. The hotel is gross and I would not stay there again. Sadly I discovered a Marriott around the corner the next morning. Next trim ill spend the extra money an go there.

Room Tip: Different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If your just looking for a place to put your head down a d you don't care about being near restaurants or a quiet air conditioner or smelly hallways or a room door you have to kick to open or being overcharged when you leave this place us ok. Otherwise look elsewhere. Breakfast was basic no bacon or sausage but staff was super nice.

• Stayed September 2013
Waldorf, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was displeased at this hotel. My check in time was for 3pm but our room wasn't available until 5:50pm. The smell of the room smelled like cigars and the smell of the hotel didn't smell that great as well. Our cable went our for awhile before it came back on. There were others who had the same problem as my family with the check-in. It took hours to get into our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn? Share your experiences!