“No problems” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“No problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I took a chance even with the mixed reviews and it paid off. While the location isn't as nice as some other hotels in the area, the hotel itself is in good shape, is clean and met our needs. My daughter lives in Morgantown and my husband and I like to get a hotel on some of our visits for all of us to stay. Normally we stay in the Euro Suites which is a great hotel, but the Best Western was cheaper so I figured we'd give it a shot. We stayed there two nights. The room was clean and in good shape, the breakfast was decent enough and while we were planning on using the pool and didn't, it looked like it was also in good shape.

Two things worth mentioning is 1) the awkwardness of the exercise room. It is like a fish bowl, both from the outside and the lobby including the breakfast area. It's very strange. It's the first thing I noticed while pulling up to check in and I wondered why they didn't at least tint the windows from all sides. It was another thing I was planning on using and I probably would have if I had the time, but it was just weird. And 2) we had requested a slightly later check out (at 12pm instead of 11am) which the front desk had approved the night before. At 10:45am that morning the housekeepere started banging on the door. My daughter explained to him that we had a late check out but I guess he didn't understand because about every 15 minutes he would bang on our door as a reminder, although I that point we didn't answer because he'd do it as he was passing. I told the front desk and English was apparently not his first language. They said a DND sign on the door would have helped. Other than that, the front desk staff was nice, the property was in good shape, and for the price, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
kari j, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank You... We look forward to seeing you again..

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Used a discount coupon from a flyer at a rest stop. $69 is not too much to pay. Room was clean,wifi,TV, Bacon and eggs for breakfast. The staff was very kind and most helpful. We would stay here again while on our travels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
kari j, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Most tourists probably go up the hill where the other hotels and restaurants are but we stayed here ... a bit further into town from I-79, on the left side, just past the first gas station on the left side of the road. The exterior is looking a bit shabby but the lobby is fine.

Our room was huge and very nicely furnished. We got a good price (AAA rate) of $71.

There is a gym and an indoor pool which we did not use. (Stayed one night while driving home from Florida.) Free Internet worked well and was fast.

It looks to us like tourists are not staying here; there were not many cars when we got here at 8pm while other hotels (in the area up on the hill) seemed very busy. But we would stay here again, esp. if the price was very competitive again.

Room Tip: As with any hotel it's best to have a room not close to the elevator or the ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kari j, Manager at BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your response. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I like the location next to stores. The rooms were clean and service was just right. I could have stayed anywhere but I chose to stay at this establishment because it is clean and the staff are all nice. I was glad to see that there is a breakfast now. That comes in handy when needing to check out in the morning just grab and go.

• Stayed March 2012
Keyser, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I visited Morgantown for a concert this month and stayed at the best western. The rooms were clean and staff was extremely nice. I have been to Morgantown several times before and still can't seem to find my way around the town. The staff at the best western gave me directions to the concert, restaurants and night clubs. Next time I visit Morgantown I know where I'm staying! Thanks again best western staff

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn? Share your experiences!