“Excellent Fried Green Tomatoes” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 239 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Barbecue
Anderson, South Carolina, United States
“Excellent Fried Green Tomatoes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I'm from West Virginia, so when I moved to South Carolina, this little gem of a restaurant went up in Morgantown, and I got to hear about all the delicious food every time my friends ate there. However, I finally got my shot when I visited Morgantown in June, and I see what all the fuss is about. Very possibly the best fried green tomatoes I ever had were served with a delightful sauce that I couldn't get enough of! My salad was the freshest salad -- not a speck of brown anywhere! My friends swear by the collards, and my dessert, a 'purple vanilla' mousse confection, was oh-so-delicious. The one criticism I had was the sweet potato gazpacho, which tasted more like a Icey than soup. It wasn't bad; it just didn't seem at all like gazpacho to me.

The atmosphere could use a little more improvement; I'm not much for the black and red decor which, I assumed, was supposed to be trendy, but I'm assuming that the building was once a convenience store; if their food continues to be as good as what I enjoyed and their popularity continues, they can redecorate. Service was swift and full of energy; lots of hipsters working here, nice for an old hippie like myself. I'm looking forward to my next visit to AG the next time I'm in town.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Trendy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Love their collard greens. Love their beer selection of local brews. Also their beer glasses. Their menus are on records. They support local artists with art for sale on their walls. Good food. Not the best BBQ in town but it comes close.

Visited July 2014
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great food, prices and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

If you are in Morgantown you HAVE to go to Atomic Grill! The food is fresh and homemade and the taste can't be beat. The serving sizes are so big that there is no way for you to walk away hungry. The staff are great and the atmosphere is awesome. The Appalachian Bruschetta is my favorite thing on the menu and is a must try.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Comfort Food @ its Finest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Looking forward to my next visit to try something new. Prices are a little high but portions are large so consider sharing. Not a big selection for our vegetarian friends but don't think they will be disappointed. Atmosphere is just ok. Carpeting dirty.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Daily specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Omg the daily specials for dinner and dessert are amazing and different every day. Try a side of ghost chili salsa and the WV BBQ -yum!