“over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
NJ
“over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went there with my daughter for orientation in the beginning of June, restaurant was dead. First time for me eating in a fondue restaurant. Dessert was good, main meal tasted like boiled meat..not worth the money

Visited June 2013

57% Recommend
West Virginia
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very skeptical about the Fondue Factory, having heard it was overpriced, poor quality, and lackluster. However, after having dinner there Friday night, I was pleasantly surprised! We loved the crab fondue appetizer. I had a grilled chicken salad entrée and my husband had salmon. He said the salmon was great and perfectly cooked. The dessert fondue was, of course, my favorite. We had the milk chocolate fondue and it was fantastic. :) Our bill was only $62. We had a similar meal at the Melting Pot in Pittsburgh and paid over $100. It's a fun, "special occasion," sort of restaurant, and I would highly recommend it!

Visited October 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Not awful but not worth the money either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Let me start with the positives. The decor is lovely, it's a better restaurant atmosphere than most in Morgantown. The staff are quite friendly and helpful. The dessert fondue, peanut butter heaven was delicious.

Now the negatives. My husband and I only got the dessert fondue, we had already eaten dinner earlier in the eve and when we got the dessert tray there really wasn't enough there to charge $15. I could have taken that $15 and bought an entire cheesecake, or take and add little more to it and do the 2 for $20 deal at Chili's and get an appetizer and dinner. I'm glad we didn't get an entree, and appetizer, it would have topped us over $100. When we went to the beach recently that's how much we paid for a steak and seafood buffet, for 4 of us.... that we didn't have to cook ourselves. While I don't hate the idea, when you're asking people to cook their own food, or give very little on a tray for dessert, you need to reconsider how much you're charging.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“They should do something about the awful smell”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well the food is just like any other fondue restaurant, I went to the Melting Pot in Cleveland, OH and the menu is basically the same with different names.
I wouldve rated this place higher but the smell of the seafood being cooked in other tables just ruined it for me. I thought maybe its part of the restaurant's atmosphere but when I went to the Melting Pot they had powerful exhaust fans that kept the place without fumes. The Fondue Factory has open tables (no booths) and I just couldnt stand the smell.
The food was okay, the dessert 'Campfire' was excellent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Something different in Morgantown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We've been wanting to eat at the Fondue Factory and finally made it there last week. Didn't really know what exactly to expect, since I've never had fondue at a restaurant before. They were having a special through Facebook, 20% off all entrees that night. When you walk in, you're blown away by decor, what a change. Very nice, plenty of space. Asked about the Facebook special, hostess didn't know anything about it and had to check on it. After we were seated by the hostess, took about 15 minutes before a server came to our table, and I had to ask another server if we had one for our table. It was only 5:30 and only a few tables of people and a full staff, so not sure what was going on, but really wasn't a big deal, had a chance to look around.

When opened the menu, was surprised by the prices, actually shocked. The appetizers are $11 -$15, the entrees are mostly around $45 -$50, unless you get the veggie or salmon, desserts are $15, and drinks are the most expensive I've seen anywhere in Morgantown. A plain vodka martini was $13. Everything is meant for 2 people, but still...Looked around to see who else was eating here and could afford it. The server was very nice and helpful. Explained the menu and different options and how to cook the food. We ordered the salmon. It came with a couple of baguettes, which were good, and a small bowl of veggies. The salmon it's self, was still a little frozen, which the server apologized for. The cooking batter was good, and had 3 dipping sauces, also good. Everything was good, but not spectacular. Took a while to eat, since have to cook every piece. Didn't get any appetizers or desert. When the check came, didn't have the 20% off, server checked and changed the bill.

Overall, a nice place to eat with different type of food. Expect to take some time, since have to cook. Staff very nice and helpful. I just think it's overpriced for this area. Would expect the prices in D.C., but not in Morgantown. They are making a pretty big profit on the food and drinks. If 2 people got an appetizer, entree, desert and 2 drinks, would cost $100 +, without tax or tip. You're paying more for the experience than the food. Maybe I'm being too harsh, and this is the norm prices for fondue, I don't know, but will only go back for an appetizer or desert.

• Visited March 2013