“A very nice and reasonable boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars

The Chestnut Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   345 Chestnut Street, Morgantown, WV 26505   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Atlanta, Georgia
“A very nice and reasonable boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at the Chestnut Boutique at the end of March. I wish we were there later in the spring because the roof-top deck looks absolutely amazing. Unfortunately it was too cold for our trip. The rooms were very nice, art inspired with deep, dark colors. The building looks like it has some age to it and gives it some additional character.

Another reviewer said it was a break from the chains and I agree.

It's right downtown and within walking distance of several bars and restaurants. Free Parking. What's not to like.

Do NOT miss the painted stairwell in the parking deck!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at the chestnut hotel April 2014. The staff was absolutely amazing. We were upgraded to a jacuzzi room for FREE! We enjoyed our evening on the rooftop in the hot tubs... Thanks chestnut staff for showing us an amazing time!

• Stayed April 2014
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

In downtown Morgantown near great restaurants and bars, this boutique hotel should be particularly fun in the summer with a wine bar, rooftop deck and pool. Next door is also a fun nightlife spot. Rooms are chic and roomy. Continental breakfast is okay, but atmosphere and staff make up for it. Parking in the building a plus as parking in Morgantown is a premium.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade for more room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I returned to Morgantown for the Spring football game and stayed at the new hotel in town!! We had an amazing time. The Chestnut Hotel offers a new style to Morgantown, which is much needed considering the other hotels in town. The staff was amazing, and they even gave me a free upgrade on my room to a corner suite. We are season ticket holders and we have found our home away from home!! See you nice folks very soon...

Room Tip: Ask to be put on the 2nd or 3rd floor, if you are travelling on the weekend and want a quiet room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great location from stadium, great nightlife, very friendly staff and very nice, clean spacious, quiet rooms. You can't go wrong staying at The Chestnut!!! I would advise stopping and unloading your luggage prior to parking.

Room Tip: Football season or special events are at a higher rate, but still a nice place.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Adamstown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I made my reservations on the Chestnut Motel website. I had to call the hotel the next day to get them to email my reservation. I asked the lady on the phone if they had a Government rate and she replied with "We will take care of that when you arrive” I say no problem.

04/11/14 - I arrive at the hotel. The lady at the front desk tells me we cannot give you the Government rate because of my room. I didn’t reserve anything that needed changed, so I believe she or the person that answered the phone when I reserved the room would have known that information and should have told me that then and I could have canceled or changed my reservations accordingly. The lady at the front desk says that someone gave me the AAA rate. I reserved the hotel online and the price never changed. What they gave me online was the regular rate. Don't take credit for giving me a discount when there was no discount given. Don't tell the room regularly cost $210 a night if you don’t charge $210 a night. The motel may have started charging that amount 6 months ago when they opened and realized it was outrageous. Did I have the magic IP address, I don't think so. So now I am stuck paying for the room since it's past the time I can cancel my reservation. Reminds me of an ad that promises a price to get you there and makes you pay a higher price. What's that called again? So I go up to the room and it's completely dark and that would have been awesome if I brought my wife. I unpacked and the only light I could get other than what seemed 15 watt light bulbs was opening the curtains. I noticed there was no ironing board. I got ready to meet a few friends and returned to the lady at the front desk talking on her cell phone. I asked her if she could get an ironing board to my room. Said she would get one there in a few minutes.

04/12/14 – Still no ironing board, but I didn't allow much for the hotel to mess up, but I did walk up 4 flights of stairs only to find out I couldn't get onto my floor. There was no posted sign exit only or no entry to guest floors. I ask the same lady as the day before if I could get onto my floor from the stairs and she asks did I use these stairs pointing to her right. I was assuming since she was positioned in the front and the whole motel was to her right that the stairs I took were the ones she was pointing at. I was wrong. She then tells me I should have tried these stairs again pointing to right. I say I am not walking up 4 flights again. She replies with "I guess you need to take the elevator”. I wish there was more to that conversation, but I included every bit of dialogue with the exception me stating “wow, how considerate”

04/13/14 – I get up around 3:45am from loud banging of the people cleaning at the bar empting trashcans below my room. So decided to take a shower and leave for home. I packed everything and brought my bags to the car. Did I mention still no ironing board when I left. The gentleman that checked me out was at least apologetic about my bad stay. I asked him what the cost per night was for the nights I just stayed. He said $164. I then mention my story about the price I was told when I arrived. He says Oh that price is $295 per night. I was told three different prices of what the hotel could have charged me. To almost say be lucky we are charging you this (the amount on the receipt). I explained the situation to him and he tried to make things right that night but couldn’t change the rate. He said he would tell his manager in the morning and everything would get straightened out then (Sunday morning) and today I have not received a call or an email stating it was completed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here on a college visit trip and were impressed by the size and cleanliness of the room and the bathroom. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The hotel was in the center of town so very convenient to restaurants and attractions. The complimentary breakfast was a nice addition. Some of the other guests were a little loud in the evening but I didn't notice during the night. Just a note, it is hidden away on Chestnut Street and the GPS was a little off. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Chestnut Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!