“Lovely and peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely and peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here while visiting Morgantown for a basketball game. The room was very lovely and peaceful. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One block from the PRT and one block from High Street. Will definitley stay again.

Tip--there are 2 parking garages next door. Its the one right up next to the hotel. We parked in the wrong one (one storefront over) and ended up paying for parking for a day when we didn't need to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I recently traveled to Morgantown WV, and stayed at the Chestnut Boutique Hotel. I was greeted by the Manager who I remember from placing my reservation on the phone. She was very accommodating and was able to recommend a very nice restaurant near by. The hotel is connected to two bars, and seems to be a very popular place. The rooms are decorated very nicely, and the common areas as well. I expected it to be loud, but it wasn't at all. I can not wait to come back when the weather breaks!! The rooftop bar looks to be a lot of fun!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm glad my girls told me about Chestnut Hotel...The hotel is so open not stuffy like the older hotels.. I love the fact that the hotel is very CLEAN that's a plus and the clubs are in walking distance.. √√√ The employees are very friendly & accommodating...When I come back to visit I know right where I will be staying...

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very romantic sexy hotel room with fluffy blankets and warm décor. The hotel is in a perfect walking location to the bars and restaurants. The staff where welcoming and friendly. I would love to see a few more healthy options for breakfast and maybe a choice of hot food but apart from that everything was perfect.I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Beautiful, well maintained boutique hotel, more than I expected during our short stay in Morgantown. But. And this isn't indicative of most stays I'm sure, but noticed a couple of things... the table in the room had some, extra substance on it when we arrived. No big deal, maybe an oversight with the cleaning crew. Later on, noticed a bulge of white fabric through the shower door. "Um, honey, did you take a shower and I didn't notice?" Nope. "Then why the wash cloths bunched in the corner of the shower? And the open soap?" Just hoping that the bed linens are fresh. Sad to give this review because I really liked the hotel otherwise. Hope the cleaning crew gets their act together. Unfortunately too late to call the front desk now.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I really liked the décor of the entire hotel. It is definitely not your cookie cutter hotel experience. Although it is hard to say whether the décor was the most appealing aspect, or the staff. Everyone we encountered that worked there was very pleasant and accommodating. And the location is ideal for downtown activities. The rate we got (low $100s) was very reasonable as well. It is a top contender for hotels in Morgantown.

We were there Friday through Monday and the first two nights were definitely hopping downtown. When outside, it was quite loud until late but we never knew it in the room. The noise, even from other rooms and a full hotel, was never an issue. Although if we had been off the rooftop area of the fourth floor during the warmer season, I'm not sure I'd be able to say the same. We were on the second floor and it was fine.

The rooftop area is nice. I only went up there at night and there was no one outside up there. But the views are great and the stars were bright. I would like to go back when the area is open. There are a series of places to sit and it would be a fun experience to have the nightlife.

There are a few things that could be improved upon with the hotel. A microwave in the room would be a big plus, as would a coffee station although they do have one downstairs which is not an inconvenience. However I did notice the coffee/breakfast area stayed pretty messy long after breakfast was over. Mainly crumbs and general messiness on the buffet. And the coffee station was lacking in the early afternoon. That being said the lobby was very nice and clean. Love the furniture.

Another improvement could be there is no information regarding the room, the hotel, how to call the front desk or between rooms, etc. A little binder of information would be nice. The beds were really comfortable but the pillows were not, in my opinion. The room was really spacious and the carpeting was luxurious by hotel standards. The TV had a great selection of channels and a good remote, which isn't always the case. The bathroom was great but could've used a couple of hooks for towels..but there were outlets on both sides of the vanity which was a nice touch.

Overall I'd definitely recommend it and would like to stay there again sometime.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Fairmont, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. I was very excited about going for the night with my husband. However I was not very happy about the fact that we didn't have a restaurant or room service or that we were awake until 3 am because of the noise inside and outside the hotel. I had to call the front desk once around 12:30 am and they sent someone up from security. If you go you should bring earplugs if you plan on getting any rest at all. It was so bad we considered leaving in the middle of the night. Then on top of that when we checked out the next morning the lady who checked us out was not very nice or apologetic about the fact that we had such a terrible night. She brushed us off as if our complaint was not a valid one or as if it were no big deal. Which was very upsetting to me because her customer service was atrocious. We were not offered any apologies or compensation at all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheChestnut, General Manager at The Chestnut Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Robin B -
Thank you for the feedback from your stay at The Chestnut Hotel last month. Your comments are shared with our team, as it helps us to see what areas we need to continue improving in. We have been working on making sure that each guest is placed in an area of the hotel that best matches the purpose of their stay.
Please allow us the opportunity to make this right next time you travel to the Morgantown area. Feel free to call me directly.
Shanna Biser

Been to The Chestnut Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!