“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Baltimore, MD
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived in Morgantown with no advance reservations and it seemed that all the hotels we tried were full except the SpringHill Suites. Once we arrived and checked in with the very professional and friendly desk people, I wondered why this hotel wasn't full too! But for us, it was great because we got a very large room that was clean and inviting. The room featured a small "kitchen" area with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee-maker, along with a coffee and tea assortment. The wi-fi was dependable, if not lightning fast. There was adequate hot water and water pressure in the shower. The breakfast area was clean and uncluttered and the food was fine. The housekeeping staff was excellent, getting extra towels, bedding etc was not a problem.
We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rochester, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The room was nice enough and certainly large enough, and the lobby was fine, but we didn't have hot water in our room and the front desk denied there was a problem, nor did they apologize. They advertise Wi-Fi, but the signal was so weak in our room (323) that our computer couldn't connect. Why advertise stuff and disappoint the customer? Even in the lobby, the signal was variable and kicked me off once. They have a pool and hot tub, but the hot tub wasn't hot enough. Breakfast had a nice variety, but the coffee was really weak.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Checked in late at night after a long drive from central Ohio thru rain, wind and lightning. Front desk staff was friendly and check-in smooth.

Was on the top (3rd) floor, and the room was your typical "small suite" hotel type, with a kitchenette, seating area, bedroom setup and bath. Plenty of space to easily drop my bags and hit the sack. Had breakfast the next morning, which was your basic "free hotel breakfast" commonly doled out nowadays. Again, nothing surprising, but no complaints, either.

Add in easy access off the highway and Springhill Morgantown is a nice enough place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Souderton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I don't ask for much in a hotel. All I really want is a clean, comfortable bed and a nice warm shower in the morning. I try to seek out the Mariott brands as I have consistently good service and nice rooms, and I am a rewards member. I'll start with the good.

My room was on the 3rd (top) floor and was quiet, clean, and in pretty good shape. The AC worked fine. The pool was small but clean, and the hot tub felt great after a long day of driving. The wifi in the room was easy to connect and worked well. I clicked on the TV very briefly and noticed that most of the channels were fuzzy. No big deal, I don't watch much TV anyway. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was decent, with hot sausage and eggs.

I awoke in the morning and went to get my warm shower, but no warm water came out. I let it run for 10 minutes. The sink had warm water. I called the front desk and the guy basically said sorry about that. Uh... Ok. I washed my face in the sink and didn't have much time to pursue it further due to a morning appointment. On the way out I told the kid at the front desk and he apologized, but his manager wasn't there and he couldn't really do anything about it. I know it wasn't the kid's fault, but I paid close to $200 for a room and couldn't even get a warm shower in the morning. Later I got an e-mail that they gave me a 2000 point bonus to my rewards program. Seriously? It takes 20,000 points to get a free night at this place... From now on as soon as I check in and get to my room, I am checking to make sure the shower gets warm!

Room Tip: Top floor room was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Betsy7244, Manager at SpringHill Suites Morgantown, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We value everyone's comment and suggestions so that we can grow and uphold Marriott's wonderful customer service. I did receive information about your stay and the note about your shower the morning that you left. I do apologize that the water was not hot for your shower and realize that this is a very important part of the guest experience. I did issue 2,000 points to your account which is double the amount of points you received for your stay. Upon inspection of the room our maintenance team noticed that the scaled guard on the room was turned to the lowest setting and has since been adjusted. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and appreciate your feedback.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight en route to Delaware. Check in was simple. The room was clean and well appointed. We didn't stay long so we did not get to use most of the amenities, but we did enjoy breakfast before departing. There was a good variety of food and it was delicious. Checking out was also easy. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. If we need to break up our travel for our annual family reunion/vacation again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

For a family of 5 this was perfect for us! We have stayed here before as a family of 3 and were happy as well. The check in process was very smooth and the lobby was very clean. We had requested a pack' n' play, and it was there in the room waiting already, that was a first for me! I have stayed at "Springhill Suites" before and know what to expect and that this is not a full suite hotel but I love the brand and ease of the entire process. Overall a great hotel with a lot of great places nearby to fill up on gas and get a bite to eat. Also very conveniently located about 1/2 way between Washington DC and Columbus, OH.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been to many Marriott hotels and the SpringHill Suites in Morgantown really knocks alot of the others out of the park!

The room was very large, beds extremely comfortable and the experience with staff was great.

Next time I drive down I will definitely book in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Morgantown? Share your experiences!