“Built for Conventions, But Great for a Private Stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Two Waterfront Place, Morgantown, WV 26501-5958   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
Maryland
“Built for Conventions, But Great for a Private Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We don't usually book hotel packages, but we did for an overnight stay here. The "Do Not Disturb" package -- dinner, including a bottle of wine and breakfast - was perfect for our needs, since we didn't know the area and were arriving late in the afternoon. Our King bed riverview room was very spacious and comfortable, with a terrific view upriver with fall foliage. Staff was nice, and dinner was good. Breakfast was very good. Only wish I'd known there was free coffee in the bar in the morning Given their proximity to the several extensive bike paths I'm surprised they haven't created a "Biker's Package with a bike rental." The hotel seems closely affiliated with West Virginia U (What in Morgantown isn't?) and this was an away football weekend. I'm sure it sells out on big sports weekends. We'd come again when we return for our biking in the Spring, but perhaps not the whole package since we discovered several interesting restaurants w/in a block of the hotel right along the bike path. Minor minor nits re: housekeeping. A used candy wrapper was sitting on a magazine when we arrived, and the bathroom toilet paper holder and seat needed repair. But otherwise perfect.

Room Tip: River view is a bonus, and in my mind worth the extra $$. Too far above 6th Floor and you won't...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Kalpr – We greatly appreciate your recent review regarding your Waterfront Place Hotel experience. Our “Do Not Disturb” package is a popular choice, and I am happy to hear the package fit your needs perfectly. We look forward to seeing you again when you return for biking in the spring.

Ryan Alexander – Marketing Specialist

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Ravenswood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I booked a room for Nov 1, 2014 just minutes ago when the WVU football schedule came out for next yr. I booked the room at the rate of $149 which was very cheap for this hotel I thought. However, when I got a confirmation email, it included a nice little surprise. I was being charged a non-refundable $150 since it was for a WVU game. Nowhere did it say anything about that when I was booking the room. The only deposit mentioned was for WVU graduations only. Then I call 3 diff times and Michael transfers me all 3 times. 1st time went to a voicemail. 2nd time I was on hold for over 10 minutes. 3rd time I finally told him, to transfer to me a person, not a voicemail. I get some guy who's not even at the hotel physically and says the reservation hasn't even popped up in their system yet. I just went ahead and cancelled the reservation. What a pathetic display of customer service from Michael who answered the phone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Rick H,

It is inexcusable that our hotel staff did not assist you at the time of calling. We have taken corrective action with the employees who were found irresponsible with answering the phones yesterday.

The hotel was as surprised as WVU football fans to have the schedule posted already for 2014 home games. We hope that you will allow us the chance to win back your confidence.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We spent two nights at the hotel and attended a function at the event center. Every part of our stay exceeded our expectations. Every staff member went out of their way to be thoughtful and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Morgantown.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Wilbea – Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Waterfront Place Hotel. It pleases me to hear everything—from the event center function to the hotel staff and accommodations—exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Morgantown.

Ryan Alexander – Marketing Specialist
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Always a wonderful place to stay. Haley and Toni are always brighten my day with their bright smiles and welcoming personality. Food is great - again wonderful service! You will not be disappointed selecting Waterfront Place Hotel.

Room Tip: Riverside provides you with an awesome view. But all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Chad S - Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation regarding our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future at Waterfront Place Hotel.

Barboursville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I attended a conference here for two days with the WVDE. The conference center staff was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and chairs comfortable. The hotel has WIFI throughout. Also, the hotel room was very comfortable, quiete and clean. The bed provided excellent sleeping. The buffet breakfast was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and ice machine if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for providing a review regarding your recent Waterfront Place Hotel experience. We hope you enjoyed the WVDE conference, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Charleston, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband had a business trip (reception) in Morgantown and I got to tag along. The Waterfront Place Hotel was lovely with very nice rooms, bathroom, comfortable bed and plenty of space. We thought the reception started at 5:00 but when we arrived we realized we had an hour to spare, so we went to the Ragatta Bar and Grille and had a cocktail. My martini was excellent. The reception food was also delicious and the breakfast buffet the next morning was great. There were several dishes to choose from but the made to order omelets were perfect.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had a nice view from our window.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We greatly appreciate the outstanding review you recently provided of the Waterfront Place Hotel. It pleases me to hear that you and your husband enjoyed everything about your stay!

Marketing Specialist

Been to Waterfront Place Hotel? Share your experiences!