I have traveled to Morgantown several times in the last 15 years and had always wanted to stay at the Waterfront since it was being built while my brother was attending WVU. This past weekend was the first time we stayed two nights on a football weekend at the hotel and the Waterfront did not disappoint!
Upon arrival, the bell staff and front desk were very helpful and polite - quickly checked in to our room. The room was very spacious and modern - the beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom was larger than many hotels. I also used their 24 hour gym (at 5am) which was much nicer than more hotel gyms - plenty of cardio machines (treadmill, elliptical, and stair master) as well as free weights and nautilus equipment. The Rat Pack bar/lounge was nicely appointed, had plenty of TVs for catching the football games, and great service. We also ate at the Regatta Restaurant for breakfast which they are offering a $10 special on their breakfast buffet - complete with Made to order waffles and omelets.
The waterfront offers free shuttle service, a small store for incidentals and food items, and a pool in the basement. There is a good sized conference center attached to the hotel which I did not use.
Overall: The Waterfront will be my first choice anytime I return to Morgantown.
- Beds are super comfortable and the hotel is very clean
- Free shuttle to downtown
- Nice views of the Monongahela river
- A little removed from the Downtown area (which can be viewed as a pro as well for some)
- Charge money for self-parking your car
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Waterfront Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Place Morgantown
- Hotel Waterfront Place