“Affordable luxury!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Waterloo, Iowa
“Affordable luxury!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Found this little gem in Morgantown, WV! After 2 weeks on the road it was a bit of heaven to find a friendly staff, spacious CLEAN rooms AND an on sight SPA!!! Wish we could've spent more time...oh, be sure to have the breakfast buffet...the made to order omelettes were delicious! Can't think of anything we would have changed except no fridge or microwave in the room but can go one night without popcorn, I guess.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for the kind words; we are happy you found us! I am delighted to hear our staff made your stay “a bit of heaven”, and we hope to see you again during your next road trip.

All the best,
Marketing Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Maidsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was immaculant! I will definitely be back, everyone was so kind from the front desk to the wait staff. My housekeeper kept my room up every day and the one day she cleaned while I was in the room we had such nice conversation. I believe she said her name was cheyanne. Another employee that was very kind was michael, he had brought my meal up to me. Such a great place! 4/5 star in my book!!

• Stayed October 2013
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our hotel and staff. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback, and we look forward to your next visit to the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Best regards,
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently stayed for two nights at the Waterfront Place Hotel while visiting WVU with my daughter. Reservations and check-in all went smoothly. Parking was good but make sure to clarify where you park and how much it will cost. This was a bit confusing and I think I ended up paying more than I should have. The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. My room and bathroom were very large, perhaps because it was a corner room. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed very comfortable. I needed to call housekeeping both nights to order more towels because there were only enough for one person and there were two of us. The towels arrived promptly both times and the person delivering them was friendly. I also ordered room service both mornings. Breakfast arrived on time and the food was good. The person delivering the food was also very friendly. The walls were a bit thin though and my bed must have shared a wall with the bathroom in the room next door. I heard noises that were not very pleasant... I find thin walls to be an issue in even the most expensive hotels. The hotel is most conveniently located across the way from the WVU visitors center so if you're planning a tour or meeting with admissions folks this is most convenient. I did not go to the bar but I did have lunch in the Regatta restaurant, it was late and I think the lunch rush was over so many of the tables had not been cleared and it was messy, having said that the wait staff was was very friendly and served us promptly as we had an appointment to get to with only a short time to grab a bite to eat. The food was very good. This will be the hotel I stay in when I visit Morgantown. I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely appreciate the exceptional review you provided of the Waterfront Place Hotel. Hopefully your visit to West Virginia University was also enjoyable!

Best regards,
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just returned from a great 4 night stay at the Waterfront Place Hotel. The hotel and amenities are excellent. The staff we met were very professional, well-trained and were a pleasure to meet. We enjoyed our time spent at the Regatta restaurant. Two employees made our visit special - Rob who bartends in the evenings and Joe H., our server each morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the polite comments regarding our hotel and staff. I will pass along your kind words to Joe, Rob and our entire team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you during future visits to Morgantown.

All the Best,
Sterling Heights, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is attached to the WVU Visitor Center and overnight self parking is $6 in the garage attached to the building across the street. When inside the garage, it's a little confusing, because the signs direct you to the office building, which isn't open in the evening. The hotel itself is very nice and I would have rated it higher if I hadn't needed to ask for some meeting room adjustments (it wasn't set to our usual diagram and we've worked with this hotel before). Everyone was pleasant and helpful and a quick response was provided when I asked for some changes.

Room Tip: To get there: From N or South on I-79: Merge onto I-68 East toward CUMBERLAND Take the US-119 exit...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the meeting room issues you encountered; however, I am pleased to hear our staff promptly made the necessary adjustments. Again, thank for taking the time to review your experience, and we hope to see you in the future.

All the best,
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My family had reservations to stay here for the second time. After driving 7 hours and finally arriving, we were told at check in that they were booked. We had our reservation confirmation and we were told there was nothing they could do. The woman supervisor was very cold and didn't seem to care at all.
We then were approached by a male supervisor, John, who had helped valet our car. He asked why we were leaving and we explained what happened. He then got our car and told us to wait for a minute. He returned with a gift certificate for a complimentary night stay. Thanks to John I might return. I am just very disappointed in the woman supervisor that couldn't care less.
Thank goodness we were able to find other accommodations.

• Stayed October 2013
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
On behalf of the Waterfront Place Hotel, please accept my apologies as we were over committed that evening. Due to our over commitment, reservations were made for you at a neighboring hotel. I commend John for the manner in which he handled the situation.

We value and appreciate you as a guest, and we are hopeful that you will allow us another chance to win back your confidence.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a great hotel. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. My room had a great view of the river, and I was able to walk straight out of the hotel and run on the trail. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ryan A, Marketing Specialist at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind review regarding our hotel. We look forward to your return visit to the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Marketing Specialist

Been to Waterfront Place Hotel? Share your experiences!