“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Two Waterfront Place, Morgantown, WV 26501-5958   |
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Morgantown
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My father and I stayed here while visiting a cousin who studies at WVU. Regardless of what people say, this hotel is great for everybody. The beds are comfy, the tvs are functional and the bathrooms are fine. We stayed here for only one night but it was extremely manageable. The food downstairs in the restaurant was beyond perfect. Recommend the lobster Mac and cheese. Great hotel overall.

• Stayed October 2011

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed down at the Waterfront Place hotel for work for 3 nights. Having previously stayed at another hotel in the Morgantown area which wasn't a particularly pleasant experience, the Waterfront Place Hotel was an absolute breath of fresh air.

The rooms are incredibly spacious, with one of the biggest TV's (and great choice of channels) that I've come across in a hotel before. You have a great working desk area, a couch, and an incredibly comfortable bed. I was lucky enough to get a room with a river view as well. My only gripe with the room was the pillows, which I didn't find particularly comfortable. Alternatives may very well have been available, but given the short duration of my stay I didn't ask.

Bathroom was spotlessly clean, and again very spacious. Shower pressure was great, and a great choice of toiletries was provided.

Staff at the hotel were very friendly and very amenable to requests. We actually had to check out a day earlier than planned, and the hotel couldn't have been more accommodating to this last minute change.

Breakfast wasn't included in our rate, but at $12 for a buffet breakfast, that's not bad value. The breakfast had a good choice, however not the best I've eaten in a hotel. The quality wasn't as good as I was hoping so this is the one element I wouldn't personally recommend at the moment. However, with so many other options within very close distance of the hotel, this shouldn't be a factor to put you off.

All in all this was a great trip, and would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Collegeville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have two boys that went to West Virginia University. We always stay at the Waterfront when we can get a room. It's a nice, modern, clean hotel with a great restaurant and bar. Very friendly, helpful staff. There's a parking garage too, which makes it easy to come/go. Access to a great running/walking/biking trail along side the river. I suggest that you make reservations as early as possible - the hotel will be completely booked during WVU game weekends and other events.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the river if you can to take in the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
WaterfrontGM, General Manager at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for the kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future. The Waterfront Place Hotel is a very busy place during football season and with the BIG 12 schedule this year there has been a lot of interest from fans across the country. Should make for a great season! Thank you again.

Daniel Watts
Leesburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at the Waterfront Place Hotel for two nights this weekend. The room had a horrible smell like smoke that hit you as soon as you entered the room.
My friend had the same problem with her room.
The rug was covered with stains.
I was in a room that adjoined another room, with a door that separated the two rooms. I could hear the guests in the other room.
I called down to housekeeping for extra blankets and had to call twice to receive extra blankets.
I would not stay here again.
The room was large and spacious, the bed was comfortable.
The hotel did not offer breakfast as part of our room stay.
Another friend stayed at SpringHill Suites and they were much happier with their location and their rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
The Waterfront Place Hotel sincerely apologizes for the issues you experienced during your stay and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide and we will certainly use your comments to address all areas listed. We can only get better when our guests let us know what they are experiencing and we thank you.

Daniel Watts
Northwest Corner, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Waterfront Place for two nights recently, while visiting relatives in Morgantown. Because the price was not particularly high by the standards of hotels in other parts of the country we opted to upgrade to the concierge level -- floor 11. The room was very spacious and, since we have one at home, that the bed was a Sleep Number was much appreciated. The bathroom was equally large. Both were very well maintained. We had a view of the Monongahela River, though, frankly, given its rather grungy color, I'm not sure it's fair to list the view as an asset. I read an earlier review complaining that the room had no refrigerator. Ours did. Ice was easy to fetch. The lounge had lots of free water and soda (both regular and diet). There wasn't, as another review complained, any free liquor. I don't know. I guess I wonder why anyone would expect it. The free breakfast was limited to cereal, yoghurt,bagels, pastries and various breakfast bars, along with coffee and apples. Not grand, but perfectly sufficient in very pleasant surroundings. The food in the hotel's restaurant was quite good, and the drinks there a more than decent price. The wine list was another good value.

My highest praise, though, has to go to the staff, all of whom were extraordinarily pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Absolutely opt for the concierge level.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

With the graduation, this is the week-end the hotel reacjes its full capacity. It is a full hous eand service is kind of difficult. The rooms are done quickly in the morning (we were there 3 nights). It does not happen ofet m that you have to call the desk to get soap at $300/night. Maybe having additional poeple to do the cleaning pf the rooms would help during that "buzy" week-end.

Room Tip: We all know it is because of this buzy week-end bu th ehotel must do something next year to improve...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

After reading the reviews was skeptical but after my stay I can say I was pleased with my choice to stay at this hotel. I did have a few small problems but they were taken care of immediately by Dan the manager and Toni the housekeeper. I was impressed with the staff from the valet service when you first arrived, then it just got better the front desk staff was just as nice and accomodating. Ordered room service, within less than 30 minutes it was delivered, the cheese steak egg rolls were definitely five star. A friend of mine parked in the parking garage and when paying for his parking ticket he left a bank envelope of money on top of the machine, I am happy to say that Jim the parking garage attendant returned it back to me. There are still honest hard working people left in the world.The location to downtown High street was perfect for a night out.Overall this hotel has great staff who are dedicated to their guests and I had a pleasant stay. There are a few things that they could improve on but I think that Dan the manager and Toni the housekeeper manager will see to that. I travel alot and stay in all kinds of hotels from 3 star to 5 star and this property is on its way to five start status with only a few minor housekeeping problems, there staff is already 5 star and I am looking forward to staying at this hotel again very soon.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 7th floor, room 709 had a great view of the river.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Waterfront Place Hotel? Share your experiences!