“Best in Morgantown” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Dayton, Ohio
“Best in Morgantown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights in January, 2012. This is the best place in Morgantown with nice indoor pool and hot tub. Front desk was professional & efficient. Free Wi-fi, nice rooms, clean and well run.

Over the years I have stayed at most of the motels in this town. This one is excellent with a very scenic setting right on the riverfront. There is a pretty walking trail along the water. Breakfast is $10 extra and if you buy it I reccomend asking for a custom made omelet or eggs as you like them, rather than the pre-cooked food.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly and pre-pay for your room. Saves 18% Ask if the rate includes free parking...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
WaterfrontGM, General Manager at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
We sincerely appreciate the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future at the Waterfront Place Hotel. Also, thank you for the suggestion for future visitors to our hotel on calling the hotel directly to book their rooms. We enjoy providing discounts to our guests whenever possible. thanks again.

all the best,
Dan Watts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Glen Burnie, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I decided we wanted to take a long scenic drive from our home in Maryland and stay overnight in a nice hotel to ring in the new year. We booked a room at this hotel after doing some research online and were very pleased with the accommodations. Overall, it was wonderful and our little New Year's "adventure" was a success.
We purchased the "Do Not Disturb" package, which was a good deal - $200 for a riverview room, dinner for two, breakfast for two, valet parking, and a bottle of red or white wine for us to share during dinner at the hotel restaurant.
Our riverview room was immaculate and comfortable. Other reviews mentioned the noise, we experienced this as well. It didn't help that it was new year's eve and people were loud and drunk.
....Which leads us to the main downside of our experience at the hotel - the fire alarm went off at about 5 in the morning thanks to some drunk moron who thought it would be funny to pull it. Ha. Ha. Ha. We were all asked to evacuate into the cold foggy morning and wait for the firemen to finish their inspection.
But we agreed that we cannot hold that against the hotel. It just didn't make our experience very enjoyable.
The food at the restaurant was REALLY good. I enjoyed eating dinner and breakfast there. All of the staff were nice and helpful. I used the cardio machines in the fitness room which was great and we took advantage of the hot tub/indoor pool last night.
Despite the little fire drill this morning, we really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
WaterfrontGM, General Manager at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us on New Years Eve. We appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel and restaurant as well as the other facilities at the Waterfront Place Hotel. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that was created in the early morning hours of New Years day. We hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel and the Regatta Bar & Grille.

all the best,
Waterfront Place Hotel & Morgantown Event Center
Odenton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I reserved a non-smoking king room with river view. The room was spacious and had a nice view. The room appeared clean. I was a little underwhelmed by the lack of a room safe and in room refrigerator (aren't they standard amenities?)

The mattress and pillows need to be replaced. They were lumpy; the mattress was stained.

I was disturbed to find a $6 charge on my invoice for parking, since there was no mention of the fee at check in. The MOD stated that the charge is customary for reservations made through third party sites. (This is was not an acceptable answer.) The manager graciously took the charge off of the bill.

I was a bit concerned for my safety when walking from the parking garage to the hotel at night and there is no direct line of site from the garage to the hotel.

This may be one of the finer establishments for the area, but it does not compare well to chain establishments at similar rates.

I do not foresee an occasion to return to Morgantown; however, should I travel to Morgantown again, I would probably try another establishment.

Room Tip: On the friday night of my stay, the third floor was especially noisy until about midnight.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
WaterfrontGM, General Manager at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. We are very proud of the product and service we provide our guests at the Waterfront Place Hotel and therefore we take every guest comment very seriously. We will certainly look into the mattress and pillow issue you listed. As for the parking, we have two parking garages for the hotel, one that is attached and has indoor access to the hotel from the garage eiminating the need to walk outside. Thank you again and we hope to see you at the Waterfront Place Hotel in the future.

Rincon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The Waterfront charged my girlfriend's credit card an additional $250 days after our stay at the hotel. The charge was for an old cigarette box with 2 cigarette butts in it that we threw away before we checked out. The butts were from cigarettes that my girlfriend had smoked during our stay which she did outside of the hotel and used her empty box as a trash can sense none are provided out front. As many times as we tried to call and explain or try to reason with the hotel the manager essentially called us liars and said he would look into it. We never heard from him again and every time we tried to call back he would either be conveniently out of the office or in a meeting. This hotel has poor customer service and all they care about is money. Be careful when you stay at the Waterfront. You never know what you'll be charged for... even using the trash cans!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is in no way smoker friendly or friendly both inside and out.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
WaterfrontGM, General Manager at Waterfront Place Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to provide your comments however your comments referencing our customer service is not in keeping with the vast majority of our TripAdvisor posts that point out our outstanding customer service. We feel that it is unfortunate you made the comments about the cigarettes given the actual circumstances that took place. We hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Mount Rainier, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I got really great deal on a room here by going through a third party website.

The hotel looks excellent. The staff was wonderful. The decor, lovely.

I made use of the hotel shuttle, which dropped me off at a restaurant downtown, then we swung by a liquor store on the way back to the hotel.

Everything was going great until I went to get some ice. And I found there was already water in my ice bucket. dun dun DUN!

Ok. I just used the plastic baggie and stuck it in the bucket. I was bothered...but no big deal.

What REALLY got my goat was when I took a shower. There were dirt smudges on the inside of the shower curtain. Several very obvious smudges. YUCK CITY.

I never did a really thorough check of the room...these are things that I saw as I was casually looking around. It made me wonder...What did I miss?

Other than that, the bed was comfortable. The TV channel options were poor, though. They didn't have MTV, VH1, Bravo, Lifetime, BET, etc....basically all the channels I like, lol. They did have HBO and HBO Family.

So...I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us and we are following up with our team on the areas of concern you pointed out to us. Again, thank you for providing your comments and we hope to see you again at the Waterfront Place Hotel.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was very surprised by the Waterfront Place Hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was roomy and very comfortable, with all the amenities you would expect. The gym was much nicer than the average hotel gym. You can't beat the location, right on the river and offered a great place to run. I attended a conference and couldn't believe how attentive the staff was or how I enjoyed the food. It's pretty hard to serve a large group delicious meals. In addition, they had free shuttle, free parking and really acted like they appreciated our business. I highly recommend the Waterfront Place Hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This was my third time staying at the Waterfront Place Hotel, and the hotel and the staff there have yet to let me down. Front the time I pulled up to Valet to the time I left, I felt like they were glad that I had chosen their hotel to stay in.

The room was nice and well-appointed and the bed was as comfortable as they come. The location is convenient and easy to get to, and the location is smack dab on the Monongahela River that runs past Morgantown.

Enjoy a meal in the Regatta Bar and Grille or a cocktail in the Rat Pack Lounge.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Waterfront Place Hotel? Share your experiences!