“good hotel for a good price and great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Saratoga Ave., Morgantown, WV 26505   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“good hotel for a good price and great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have to visit town because the WVU and I google it up. It have so many bad review and I was paying only $ 66 for my room. I will not complain in i am paying only 66,]. but If I am paying over 250 a night and I have this kind of room than I will not even look at this place. so everything was good enough.

bed was comfy, 42 inch lcd, great hot breakfast, nice and friendly staff, what else do one need,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GMHotelM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
It is so nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We thank you for commending our staff for taking excellent care of you. We are extremely proud of each and every one of them and their dedication to providing the best of services to our guests. Likewise, you have our thanks for mentioning that you slept in a room with a comfortable bed and a 42 inch television, and enjoyed a well prepared breakfast.

It was great to have you with us. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beech Bottom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

DO NOT BOOK ONLINE! I booked online two separate nights and the money was already removed from my account. Additionally they have three reservations for me not just one. Close to $200 was removed fr my account and no one can find my reservation to cancel it. Not the website, the call center, or the front desk Attendant. The front desk attendant did try and will call me back but he is not finding anything. I will be canceling my room all together and staying elsewhere.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GMHotelM, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience in booking a room through a website we are affiliated with. We would like to emphasize that this does not commonly happen. We have sought their assistance in locating your two other reservations in order to have them cancelled, and the excess payment returned. We hope to hear back from them soon, and give you great news.
Monticello, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is by far the nastiest place I have ever stayed! I had what they called a "suite". the bathroom had pubic hair on the back of the commode, blood on the commode lid, the bathtub in the little bathroom hadn't been cleaned, the floor was atrocious, Jacuzzi was nasty hadn't been cleaned, thank goodness I had my own pillow and blanket. wifi wouldn't stay on. the floor by the bed had not been cleaned I had to pull the night stand out a little to plug up something and I am apparently the only one who has done that, My feet was black from walking across the floor. Since it was the weekend rates almost doubled ( person at the counter remarked the prices were increased for the week) I have pictures to back up my review

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. You have our assurance that all of your comments will be addressed, as your voice is of utmost importance to us.

We truly regret that your experience was not a reflection of our room standards. Your comments will be passed on to the head of our housekeeping department for proper corrective actions to be implemented. As guest satisfaction is of paramount importance to us, sanitation is a top priority.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may be given a chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The only thing I have positive about this hotel is that they have new furniture in the room, with new floors. The bathroom is not remodeled. Overall the property is old and in much need of repair and cleaning.
Would I return here, no. Something's are just worth spending more for.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
As a valued guest, your input helps to improve the services we offer in our Hotel. We are saddened to know that we missed our mark in delivering excellent accommodations during your stay. Your comments will be highly considered and evaluated for us to target the areas you’ve mentioned that needs improvements and more attention. We hope that you’ll give us another chance to make things right as we look forward to provide you a more satisfying stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent hospitality, clean, neat and comfortable rooms with awesome service. Morning breakfast was healthy and fresh.cooperative and helpful staff of this motel as I felt ease and comfort like my house. Would definitely like to come again and again.

• Stayed March 2014
GMHotelM, General Manager at Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. Your valuable feedback lets us know that we were able to satisfy you during your stay with our excellent accommodation and services. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I see lot of -ve reviews but, I was happy to see the renovated rooms with LCD TV and new furniture. I would suggest the management to pay attention in details to attract more visitors. Great location; near to the campus.

Room Tip: Building C front
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing to our attention your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. Your valuable input helps to improve the quality of service we offer to our dear guests. It is very pleasant to know that you appreciated our refreshing breakfast choices, comfortable rooms and amenities as well the recent changes we made to ensure that you’ll have a worthwhile experience. It was a pleasure to serve you, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
South Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed my experience. Walking distance to the Coliseum for basketball games. The Hotel itself is a little old but my room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Mostly its a great value with great location to the highway, which made getting out of town and beating the traffic easy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We sincerely thank you for sharing with us the details of your recent visit at our Hotel. It is very delightful to hear that you’ve enjoyed your entire stay- our room and staff service as well as our convenient location. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to another chance to serve you much better in the future.