“The worse stay ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Ranson, West Virginia
“The worse stay ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I have traveled across country and this is by far the worse experience we have encountered. Mold on the shower tiles, stained towels, dingy curtains and an overall feeling of not being clean. Please do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Media, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have never stayed in a dirtier hotel. First of all, when we checked in, we were told that the air condidtioing is not working in the updated rooms. We were given keys to an updated room and a non updated so we could choose. We went to the updated room first and didn't even bother going to the nonupdated room because this room was awful! The floors have a synthetic wood on them and felt like they were covered in slime! The towels in the bathroom were stained and there was mildew all around the tub and on the shower curtain. There were 3 small pillows on the bed and it didn't even ave flat screen TV. Do not stay there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ridgefield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Had to put tiles in shower back on the wall. Everything was pretty scuzzy. Not a great experience. The staff was very pleasant. Certainly not in their control on how the place looks. capital monies are needed for upgrade.

Room Tip: Non of the rooms appeared to be good, so I have no tips to offer.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Upper Falls, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Do not stay here! My family needed a place to stay before a WVU graduation. I booked five months in advance and this was the only room I could find in Morgantown. That should have told me something. We will not stay here again unless we are desperate. The room was dingy and cold. They gave us the handicapped room - so after our showers there was water all over the bathroom floor - not a good design.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

When searching for cheap hotel in morgantown this one came up. We had just spent the weekend at the Kentucky Derby so we were looking for something cheap since we didnt win!! haha. In this case you get what you pay for.... I read some of the reviews (my mistake not to read them from trip advisor) and everyone was saying this was a nice place to stay... BOY WAS THAT WRONG!- I felt like a 4-Star person in a 1 Star hotel!
This place was soooooo incredibly skeevy that I just had to suck it up for one night and stay here. The one good thing was the front desk staff were friendly and accomodating because we had a problem with our first room.
Stinky, no carpet, bright green stucko walls, huge bulky tvs,,,, omg yuck!

Our room was supposed to be non smoking but it definitely had a musty smokey smell to it. We had to ask for another and even that new room smelled. The location of each of the buildings is not in a good spot. We were put in the very back and if I didnt have my husband with me i would have been very scared! It seemed like people were just living out of these rooms....

Do not stay here! Choose a little

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

I don't usually complain! This is my first review ever written. But I am trying to save someone some money. This hotel is HORRIBLE!!!!! Filthy rooms. First room we checked in smelled so bad like cigarette smoke even though they said all rooms were non smoking. They checked us into another one which still smelled but it was late and we were tired so we
Settled. We all went home with sinus infections from these rooms! There was a huge party going on in the parking lot all night, loud music and drinking. We couldn't even drive through the parking lot to get to our room. I have never stayed in such a nasty place before. Up side(and the only one) Breakfast was good. Would never ever stay again, even if it was free!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were staying there for a few weeks on the pipeline and they charged us 40 dollars extra a night on weekends and the rooms smelled bad and were completly outdated. Also when we asked for a vaccum to clean the carpet we were told the owners were from india and didn't believe in vaccuming. After checking out we were charged $150.00 two days later for a cleaning fee because there were crumbs in the floor. I called and asked them how i was suppose to get crumbs out of the floor when they didn't believe in vaccuming and they told me that was something I would have to take up with house keeping. DO NOT STAY HERE. I wish I could give it less than one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Morgantown and Conference Center? Share your experiences!