“Best Sushi I've Ever Had” 5 of 5 stars

(304) 292-9000
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 239 Restaurants in Morgantown
Cuisines: Japanese
“Best Sushi I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This place is pretty new to Morgantown, but seems to slowly be gaining popularity. And there's a good reason for it: Volcano makes the best sushi I've ever eaten. I don't consider myself an expert on sushi, but I like it and I've had it all over the world. Who would've guessed that Morgantown, WV, would have the best? Their house rolls are outstanding. If you like spicy salmon like me, you'll love the Earthquake roll. If not, that's ok; there is a roll for anyone's taste. The restaurant isn't very large, but the inside decor is hip and exciting. The waitresses are sweet and attentive, and wow, is this place reasonably priced! You can't roll your own sushi this good for anywhere close to what this costs. All this talk about Volcano is making me hungry...

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Morgantown, West Virginia
“If you go elsewhere, it's your loss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Volcano is by far the best sushi restaurant in Morgantown. Its competitors are just not in the same league.

It is authentic (with several amusing translation errors on the menu) and it is unpretentious (it is located in a small shopping center, next to Pizza Hut).

I've eaten sushi in San Francisco, Buenos Aires, Knoxville, Berlin, Chicago, and New York, to name a few. Volcano ranks right up there with any sushi I've had. Which is to say, in the small college town of Morgantown it has no equal.

In sum, the food is delicious, the staff polite, the prices reasonable. Why not give it a try and see for yourself?

• Visited August 2011