“A Legend Dead and Gone” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Located at Hart Field, the airport for Morgantown, WV
Morgantown, West Virginia
“A Legend Dead and Gone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

After 36 years in business, one of Morgantown's legendary restaurants is no more. I went to the airport today, only to be told that Ali Baba is permanently out of business. I'm very sad. Ali Baba brought the first taste of Middle Eastern food to the Morgantown public. Sadly, the restaurant of late was not what it was back in its heyday in the 1980's, but it was still decent most of the time. We do have a few new contenders in the arena of Middle Eastern fare in Morgantown. I'll have to give them a try and see if any are worthy successors.

Visited May 2014

Martinsburg
“Delicious Mediterranean food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stopped here for dinner while traveling through Morgantown. The restaurant is located in the airport. The airport itself was pretty dirty, but the restaurant was clean, so don't let your initial impression deter you.

My husband and I shared the Mediterranean platter for two. This came with tabbouleh, tahini, hummus, baba ganoush, pita bread, a Greek salad, and a platter of chicken, lamb, beef, and vegetable kabobs with rice.

The portions were plentiful and the food was excellent. The feta in the Greek salad was crumbled, which I liked better than the large chunks usually served in this type of salad. Everything tasted fresh and homemade. The chicken and lamb kabobs were exceptional. The beef kabobs probably would have been more tender if I had taken the waitress's suggestion and ordered them medium well instead of well done.

We shared the chocolate baklava for dessert. I love baklava and am a chocoholic, so this was the perfect combination for me! I found that the chocolate cut the sweetness a little and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

I highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely visit again. I am very picky about the quality of my food and this exceeded my expectations. The service was great as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Delicious Middle Eastern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

It's in an odd location...in the Morgantown airport, but don't let that deter you, this place has great food! Has the classic Middle Eastern dishes, we got lamb and chicken kebob with Tabbouleh and Baklava...very tasty!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairmont, West Virginia
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I fell in love with this place the first time I ate here. I have been to Ali Baba multiple times and I have never been disappointed. Great atmosphere and the food is amazing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Missouri
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went for the buffet for lunch one day after a flight. The food was average, nothing exceptional about the varieties offered. The hummus wasnt good compared to the others I've had before, same case with the choclava.
However the atmosphere and seatings were great, its tranquil. Nice place to go to if you want to catch up with someone dear.

• Visited November 2012