“Egg white scrambled eggs were great” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek
Clearwater, FL
“Egg white scrambled eggs were great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Went on a Saturday morning it was slammed. I ordered egg whites scrambled, I knew they were busy but they did it with a smile. Others in our party had French Toast and really loved it. I must say the 'hash browns' were OLD SCHOOL! Real potatoes cut up and kind of fried. May not be healthy but it tasted G R E A T so you would have to put me down in the very satisfied category. We will be back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
pittsburgh
“very bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

way overpriced with inconsistent food, dont waste your money, 8 dollars for a breakfast is a total ripoff, i go zelionople for breakfast there 2.50 for a full breakfast delicious and they make plenty of money, if it says diner it skould have diner prices not ruth cris prices for breakfast

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Love the diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011 via mobile

Have had several meals here and enjoyed everyone. Food is consitently good, service is fine and the place attracts a crowd. The Gyro's are great, as are the soups and breakfasts. Would recommend highly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was a little skeptical given some of the reviews on here, but decided to go given the convenience of location from our hotel. I am so glad we didnt miss this little gem!!
My husband had the burger, my two kids chicken tenders and I had lasagne. My husband said his burger, and I quote "was the best burger he has ever had in his life". My lasagne was very good as well, definitely home made. My kids liked their chicken fingers....but then again, they eat anything;) Hopefully the reviews don't scare customers away as I would love it to
be here next year when we come back!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great gyros and Greek salads!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

This place is definitely worth a try! I have been to Penny's several times for either breakfast or lunch. The omelettes I have gotten were fabulous - my favorite is the spinach/feta. Their rye toast is the best - thick, chewy, and very tasty. I have also been served outstanding gyros and one of the best Greek salads I have ever had in a restaurant. Their soup, however, was not so great - not their specialty, I guess.

The only drawbacks to Penny's - the air conditioning is often too cold in the summer, and it tends to be drafty in some booths. Also, some of the wait staff is wonderful, but I've had some fairly disinterested waitpeople, hostesses, and cashiers, even when it wasn't busy.

• Visited September 2011