“Best Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Frederick, United States
“Best Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I travel all over the world and sometimes feel like I live in hotels. This was by far one of the best, most attentive, most professional, most personable staffs I've had the pleasure of accommodating us during our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Our team takes pride in following up on our guests’ comments as it provides us the opportunity to show our commitment to you and emphasize our appreciation of your business. We are very pleased to see you have given us excellent survey scores and enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to review your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Barberton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The staff at this Hilton Garden were exceptional. We asked if they had a raised toilet seat available for my elderly mother. The staff offered us a handicap room. This also made it easier for my mother to get around with her walker with less trip hazards. This facility was exceptionally clean. The only reason I would not stay at here again is the beds were hard. I am use to a softer mattress. Even though their mattresses had a firmness dial I don't think it worked.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your kind remarks regarding our hotel accommodations and staff. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Liberty Twp
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden overnight. It was our second stay our first was back in the fall. Our stay in the fall was also an overnight stay. I don't remember if I wrote a review of this inn for that stay but had I, it would have earned at least a four out of five. I am afraid to say I need to downgrade that four to a three. I made reservations directly with Hilton and paid in advance to get the lowest room rate possible. That process was nice. No complaints. I checked into the inn at around 8:00 p.m. I talked to what seemed to be a newer associate and the front desk manager both were pleasant as could be and welcoming. There was nothing to complain about here. They were great.
The issues that brought the inn down started when we opened the door to our room. The odor that came from the room was fowl and tough to describe. It wasn't the odor you get from a room where smoking had been allowed back in the day. It was different and not in a good. My wife masked the smell with her can of Lysol that she carries when she travels. I usually make fun of that but this time I am glad she had it. The odor had returned when we came back after dinner. When we awoke the next morning the odor was back. I guess the Lysol can only do so much. Maybe someone left something in the mini fridge too long or somebody spilled a can of tuna on the floor. Who knows? This smell needs to be addressed. I didn’t have time at checkout to make the innkeeper aware of this. I shouldn’t have to he has a cleaning staff and manager although I will talk to him later today. That was issue one. Issue two was the king size bed or what could have been described as the fifth floor parking lot. The last time we stayed in this inn we had a room with two beds. The beds were great, brand new, comfortable, and perfect. These beds were the kind of beds that get you to return to a hotel. They were the kind of bed that makes you go to the catalogue and buy the exact pillows, comforter and mattress. Well the bed of nails in the room on the fifth was not that bed. It is the kind of bed that will make me return to Marriott hotels. It was an old mattress on a board. No box spring, no pillow top, no anything. It would have been more comfortable to have slept on the blacktop in the parking lot. I have stayed in pull out couches that offered more comfort. Maybe I got the last room in the inn that hasn't been upgraded to heavenly mattresses. Maybe I got this bed because I paid a cheap price and they stuck me in a cheap room. If that was the case I would have happily paid forty more dollars to have had one of their good beds.
My last issue could not be controlled by the inn I am sure but it did help me decide to cancel my next reservation for a stay upcoming stay this spring. The bar (Bartinni’s) across the parking lot has a dance floor and from my fifth floor of the Hilton Garden you can clearly hear the bump bump bump of the bass all the way until closing time. I could hear the beat even over the television. I suggest if you stay here, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel (which I believe are the even numbered rooms) unless you want listen to the bump. It was the weekend so maybe the bump doesn't go on and on during the week.
One other nuisance I just thought of while writing. The batteries in the television remote didn’t work well. I wanted to change them because I had new batteries in my computer bag. This remote needs a special tool to open the battery compartment. I couldn’t do anything about it without calling the desk and I was not going to do that at midnight. I sure this was an easy fix but it was late.

The room, other than odor, and the hotel itself was clean. The hotel is convenient to where I need to be. The staff has always been tops in my book. This stay fell short. I will soon decide if this was my last stay will this Hilton.

Room Tip: Get the new beds and stay on the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I sincerely regret that you experienced any inconvenience during your stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Morgantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked room for a one night adventure for five yr old son and me. Easy check in. Well appointed rooms and common areas. Nice complimentary refreshments in lobby on a snowy night. Great breakfast in morning. Pool was great --toasty warm--except for excessive chemical fumes. Spa was closed --draped in a tarp with large industrial fans attempting to air the pool area. Definitely will stay again, but will double check on the pool first. My son cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Woodstock, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Relocated by employer and using temp housing for 90 days. I picked this hotel for it's reputation for luxury & service. While beautifully decorated, it is unsuitable for long term stay. Small room and limited places to sit and relax as well as very uncomfortable furniture. Breakfast and servers were excellent but housekeeping could use a refresher course. Apparently the level of cleanliness is directly related to the amount and frequency of a tip. I moved to the Residence Inn after 3 nights and very glad I did...a nice fresh room every evening & saved $50 per night too!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Clay, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I were pleased with the room, staff, breakfast and the staff helped me to surprise my wife with flowers and gifts on her birthday. The location was very convenient to all of Morgantown and there were numerous restaurants in the area. Look forward to staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMorgantown, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay and taking the time to give us feedback about your experience.
Philippi, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is very nice inside and out. The first time I stayed here was right after my husband's accident and he was a patient at WVU Hospitals. They offered a 'hospital' rate. The parking is somewhat cramped. There is a washer and dryer available for guests, $1.25 per washer/dryer. The room itself is outstanding. Clean. Beds are comfortable. On my third stay here, someone had spilled a beer in the elevator. I told the desk clerk and that was cleaned up immediately. Coffee and cookies are available in the front lobby. There is a restaurant, which I haven't tried but I did get a drink at the bar area. The night I did that was Christmas Night 2013, the hotel didn't think they would be busy and didn't have a regular bartender working. The lady did make the Margarita okay with help of a customer who used to
be a bartender.

I would stay here again and would definitely recommend this to friends/family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown? Share your experiences!