“Better than some 5 stars.” 4 of 5 stars

Bed n' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Morgantown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orchard Park, New York
“Better than some 5 stars.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I have stayed at many four and five star hotels and this hotel was just as clean and comfortable as any of them. We had difficulty finding the hotel, as this is a confusing city. I would suggest calling for directions, if you don't have a GPS system. We arrived to a friendly and professional front desk, and a clean and comfortable room. The bed has a sleep system, but we did not bother to change the settings. The only problem was the noisy house maids who began their work by 9.15. We have long found all hotels noisy and always travel with a light fan, we truly needed that fan here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I had a great stay at the Hilton Garden.... here's why:

-I'm a New Yorker, I dont drive, so it was great they had a shuttle bus come pick me up, take me around, drop me off at places around Morgantown and the drivers were great...Jason, Joey and the other guy who's name was also J. they were always on time and very friendly and Tanya at the front desk was great at scheduling it as I had to take multiple trips.

-i checked in on the phone....when i got there my key was ready, they had cookies and newspapers for guests and I went straight to my room. room was clean, quiet, flat screen tv, they had a hot tub and indoor pool in the hotel as well.

-The hotel is near Kroger, lots of restaurants and lots of other small shops so i could walk to Kroger and pick up some orange juice at 11pm

-the business center was great too

-overall this place looks new, modern, spacious and just felt great....i would def recommend it and go visit again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I love Hilton Garden Inns and this one only reinforces why. It's a very lovely property, great staff and the rooms are wonderful. Breakfast was good too. The only complaint I have is the hotel's location. This cannot be GPSd, in fact when my attempt failed, I called the hotel to ask for fine tuned directions. They asked if I was using a GPS and gave me a totally different address, which got me closer. Coming from the I-79 side of the city, you cannot see this hotel and it's very eaily missed. If you hit Stewartstown Rd, you've gone too far. Don't get sucked into the house/apartment vally while looking for it. You'll never find it, although GPS insists it's in there. Turn around at Stewartstown Rd and approach from the opposite direction. This will let you see the hotel sign. According to the front desk staff, this is common. They also provide reliable directions if you call.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My experience at the hotel was amazing. I was passing through to Baltimore & decided to stop in Morgantown where I went to college. At check in I was greeted by Glynis who gave me and upgrade on my room. She also gave me some personal recomendations on local resturants. My room was super spacious and very clean. I went to the pool and hot tub which was exactly what I needed. In the morning I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast to put me right on my way. I WILL return!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

The room was clean and very nice. The bed was comfy and relaxing. The food was delicious in the morning. The only issue we had was with one or two staff members, particularly the front desk day shift. I called the desk the day of our arrival to let them know we would be arriving very late and the agent told me that I needed to call back during the night shift to let that agent know so they didn't give my room away... although it was a guaranteed room. Then the next morning I asked the female desk agent if I could get a comment card and she looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language and said "a what?" Again I repeated "a comment card?" To which she finally replied "oh we don't have those." She was very unwelcoming and quite rude. However Ebenezer was terrific at checkin. He was very pleasant and warm and even offered me a drink or a bottle of water. We had been traveling 7 hours with a ten week old baby so the friendly checkin service was much appreciated. Also the female breakfast server was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2010
Morgantown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I ready enjoyed my stay and Tanya was the best at the desk. I had dinner with some clients from Morgantown and I couldn't believe how great the prime rib was coming from a hotel. We all were pleasantly surprised by our dinner. The hotel seems to be a newer hotel which is really nice to find at a good rate in Morgantown. I loved the rooms with the small mini kitchenette area. They also have free internet and parking which is a bonus. They are in a new development that seems to have a few new stores that have opened up. I have found my new hotel when my business is in Morgantown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Just stayed at this hotel when in town to visit relatives in Morgantown. Having stayed at an excellent HGI in California, I figured it'd be safe to stay at this one after seeing good reviews. We weren't in the hotel for long, but it was immaculately clean, the beds were very comfortable. We didn't eat there but the restaurant looked nice. The location is very near WVU for those going for that reason. Also we saw the pool and whirlpool which was a decent size. The fitness center also looked very great. However we didn't get to use it due to the event described below.

Our only complaint which soured the night (but I'm not letting affect my review) was the fact that at about 1:15AM the fire alarm went off for about 45 seconds before it stopped. My brother had already left the building and told us to still come down beccause there was smoke on the ground floor. We all left. Lots of people left later than should have. Well the fire department came and it turned out that according to one of the staff members, some person thought it would be funny to play with the fire extinguisher on the ground floor hence the white looking smoke. We didn't get back into our room until about 2:30. This certainly screwed up our sleep. We also thought the hotel would have deducted something from everyones bill but this didn't happen, we left our info and were told we'd be contacted by the manager on Monday. I don't expect much but it'd be nice to get some HH points or $25-50 refunded. Having said that, I'd most probably stay at this hotel again when in Morgantown.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown? Share your experiences!