“Great value for the money, plus friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Scott Avenue, I-79 Exit 148 and I-68 Exit 1, Morgantown, WV 26508   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Rising Sun, Maryland
“Great value for the money, plus friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Went to this hotel to spend a total of 6 weeks excluding weekends, for contract work. This hotel is popular for other contractors as well, as it is clean, reasonably priced for long term stays. The staff is friendly, and the food is good, and fairly priced.

The breakfast is part of the room price, its hot, good tasting, and all you care to eat. The waitstaff is friendly and personable.
It's a great place to stay if you aren't expecting a brand new hotel, but instead expecting consistantly good clean rooms, friendly staff, and quet surroundings.
The pool, fitness center, and common areas were clean. For the age of the building, it is well cared for.

During the course of my stay, I made a number of special requests from the desk manager, and each of them was cheerfully fulfilled. Yes, would definately stay there again.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mississauga, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Felt like we were taking a step back in time to 50 years ago, which isn't the worst thing in the world considering that the hotel was clean and elegant looking. The only thing near the hotel is a wal-mart with a subway (sandwiches) in it a few minutes away otherwise you have to drive miles. So we ate at the hotel for both dinner and the complimentary breakfast. Dinner was fantastic - elegant feel, and great food and service. Room needed to be stripped of outdated and very old fashioned wall paper and bed was pretty hard

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Ok so we had to stay here on our trip back from Orlando to Toronto… all the other surrounding hotels in nearby towns were fully booked due to an Oil and Gas convention?

Anyways, I’ll keep this review as short and thorough as possible.

The hotel looked good, if you squinted a little and ignored the musty smell.

It had a really nice grand looking lobby, but the hotel is very outdated and could use some renovations.

The staff is not very friendly. I don’t want to say rude… so I’ll just say ‘not very friendly’.

At check in, it took the girl at reception about 15 min typing away at her computer to check us in? Not sure why but that doesn’t affect my review.. my review is mostly based on the actual hotel.

The carpet in the rooms were stained and so were the comforters. I did not feel like it was the cleanest hotel due to the musty, dingy smell. Did I mention that this hotel is in serious need of renovations? I think that it was probably a 5 star back in the 70s (was this hotel around in the 70s? If not, the wallpaper and décor sure was!)

And someone tell me, why are the countertops in the bathroom a bright yellow? And why are there heat lamps in the bathrooms? Oh yeah, probably because this hotel was built way back when and no renos have been made.

The bathroom smelled like urine. The same smell from those stairwells at underground parking lots… yes the exact same smell. So that is why I did not feel ‘clean’ in the hotel room or the bathroom. Ew.

However, the view outside is beautiful! And the breakfast the next morning was really good… bacon, eggs, biscuits, sausages.. coffee.. a pretty hearty breakfast compared to other breakfasts offered at other hotels.

This was not the worst hotel stay, but it certainly was not the best. The hotel has potential, honestly just some renos and perhaps some customer service training and I think this hotel could turn into a 3 or 3 ½ star easily.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
west virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Thought the room was OK but a little run down. The bathrooms are small. Considering some of the other hotels in Morgantown, it was nice for a WVU football weekend. Staff was friendly and i liked its location. I didn't care for the comedy show they have at the bar in the hotel. The comedians were ok but thats not what was wrong. They were heavily under staffed and the place is too small. We wated almost an hour for a drink and the guy runnung the show seemed to be confused when he tried to seat us. Either seat everyone or no one at all. It was not organized at all. I've been to the shows at the Charelston Ramada and they are nothing alike. You can actually enjoy the show in Charelston. Plus there was too much smoke in the room. I don't mind smoking but put in an exaust fan. Again, nice place to stay just stay away from the hillbilly comedy show(this coming from a west virginian who lives in rural wv).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Wayne, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I stayed at the Ramada Inn for my niece's graduation from WVU. My sister picked the hotel and had stayed there before. I was skeptical based on the photos and reviews here and saw other hotels in the area that were more appealing, but I was over-ruled.

I'm not accustomed to staying in old, shabby hotels. It was clean, quiet and no one bothered us, but I prefer something a little more upscale. Also, there was no valet to park the car, no one to take my luggage to my room, etc. These are things I expect for $150/night in WV.

We had dinner in the restaurant and although the food was good, nothing was hot. The free breakfast was just ok. Also, room service is only available when the restaurant is open...why bother??

If cleanliness is your only concern, I would definitely recommend the Ramada. But if you want something a little more upscale or updated, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

We stayed here during Christmas week for a couple nights. This seemed to be about the best hotel in the area, and the price couldn't be beat. We came in with low expectations, given the fact that it's Morgantown. We were delightfully surprised. The staff was really friendly, and welcomed my dog upon our arrival. We got a room on the second floor. The room was pretty big, and clean. The bathroom was dated (amusingly so), but still nice and clean. No mold or mildew. Service at the restaurant--free breakfast!--was great, the server was very nice to us on Christmas morning. She talked with us about her family, and what they were planning for the afternoon--very personable.

About the only complaint I would have about this hotel is the pillows. They feel like sleeping on bags of flour. It was pretty uncomfortable, but we dealt with it.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — It's in Morgantown
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

Adequate, nothing more. Peeling wallpaper in room, scratchy bedding with some holes, dark, etc. Hidden charge for pets (they take away any room discounts, even though those discounts are nationally advertised and recognized.). Not the greatest place to stay. Good breakfast though, with very friendly efficient restaurant staff.

• Liked — food service
  • Disliked — room pricing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!