“You cannot get a better deal....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Scott Avenue, I-79 Exit 148 and I-68 Exit 1, Morgantown, WV 26508   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Morgantown
Tysons Corner, Virginia
“You cannot get a better deal....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hello, I qualify for the hospital rate at this hotel so that being said, even without the special rate this is by far the best deal in this college town. The front desk staff is always very nice and helpful. The price includes a hot breakfast and not just the heavy carb items that most hotels have w/their "breakfast". I am on a gluten free diet and the protein items are really nice to have. That being said, this is not the Ritz, nor do I expect it to be. For the area this is the best deal.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for the best rate.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pete H, General Manager at Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are not the newest, but we try our best to keep the keep the hotel clean and the staff friendly. I am happy to report that we have begun a renovation of the guest rooms. They are looking super. The 17 rooms go back in inventory this weekend.
Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nitro, West Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were in Morgantown for the hospital. Chose to stay here because we had a discount that made it a rather fair price. Front desk clerk could not give directions into hotel. Once arrival I explained that we were physically challenged and asked if we could be close to the door. We were placed in the middle of the hallway. Upon entering the room it was so musky that we had to turn on the air and leave in hopes it would air out. Which it did after a couple of hours. Front desk could not tell us where to find a vending machine. Beds were lumpy, and bathrooms were tiny. Breakfast and room service was great. When we had to extend our stay in Morgantown we chose another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
odph1, General Manager at Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I am so very sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I will make sure that the desk clerks brush up on their directions to various parts of Morgantown. Hoping you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Morgantown. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

we stayed at this hotel 10/24 - temperature went down to 30 dgrees outside and heat in our room did not work.

stayed again on return trip 10/26 - people were running up and down the halls and yelling until 3am - 4am in the morning.

rooms were ok but I would not use Ramada again because of these problems.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for responding. I am really sorry your room took a while to warm up. I think the cold snap took us all by surprise. Unfortunately we are not always able to control the other guests, and I apologize if you had some lack of sleep.
Lansdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were going to a WVU football game - the preferred hotels were already booked so I went on tripadvisor to see what comments people were making of the available hotels. The Ramada was the "best" of the "worst" hotels that had availability that weekend so I booked a room. I gotta tell you - I will stay at the Ramada Inn again - I was very surprised. yes the hotel is dated but it is clean, inviting and the staff is very friendly. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was wonderful. The price, however, I felt was was high, but it was "homecoming" weekend and all the hotels up their prices. The location was good too - easy to get to.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your kind comments. We are one of the older hotels in Morgantown. We try our best to keep the hotel clean. I am happy to report that we have begun a renovation of all of our hotel rooms and hopefully on your next visit you will be able to stay in one.

Been to Ramada Morgantown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!